Just enough of a kick with these sweet treats to take these cupcakes from ordinary to extraordinary! And while you are at it, why not help end childhood hunger with the Duncan Hines 1 MILLION Cupcake Challenge benefiting Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale.
Now through July 24th you can win fabulous prizes... including one of 5 trips to Los Angeles for Red Carpet seats at the Primetime Emmy Awards and Double Donations to Share Our Strength week. Check it out and sign up now at: www.duncanhines.com/
And now for the recipe...
Mexican Chocolate Chili Cupcakes
1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Triple Chocolate® Decadent Cake Mix
2 tsps. ground cinnamon, separated
1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed. You will have your cake batter in one bowl and filling in a second bowl.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the cake batter and mix well.
3. Spoon cake batter into prepared cupcake liners and pan. Fill cupcake tins no more than half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling on top of the batter in the tins. Cover filling with a tablespoon of batter. Your tins should now be 2/3 full.
4. Bake cupcakes as directed and cool completely.
5. Prepare frosting by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to each can of frosting that you use. Mix completely and frost cupcakes.
Hands-On Time: 25 mins.
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 mins.
Enjoy! I will be making these later this week and will post pics and my opinions on the recipe.
*Disclaimer - I was not compensated in any way for this post. This was from a PR email I received and wanted to share with my readers with permission. All opinions are my own.