Thursday, October 13, 2011

"F" is for Food & Friday (10/14)

Pinterest is such a fun way to find new ideas, inspiration and aspirations. I have a little boy's birthday to plan for, holidays coming up and in season produce to enjoy. This past week the sewing projects have really caught my eye, but I will save those for another post. Are you pinning? I would love to check out your boards and see what caught your eye. Be sure to leave your info so I can swing by. Check out my boards HERE.

In honor of my pinning my life away this week, I linked up with Finding Joy in My Kitchen's Friday Favorite Finds. Mmm... as always I found many new great ideas to try making.

This Zucchini, black bean and rice skillet dinner really caught my eye. Looks simple and uses some great and hearty seasonal favorites.



Then for a comfort food perfect for a rainy Oregon day, how about this spinach and tortellini bake in a lemony cream sauce?




And I had to add this one since spaghetti squash is being picked here. I just love finding new uses for it. This chicken and sun-dried tomato dish looked perfect for my menu next week. I have lots of tomatoes I dried this year.




Then for that sweet tooth, I found a few yummy goodies to try. First check out these quick cheats.. Microwave coffee cake almost sounds too good to be true, but I am willing to try it.




These sweet potato cupcakes with marshmallow toppers just makes me drool! Very seasonal and different.




Are you hungry yet?

Oh, I wish I had time to try all of these this week. But this is why I pin. Check out Finding Joy in My Kitchen's Friday Favorite Finds for more great "pin"-spiration.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Oh pinterest. I love it! Pinterest is becoming my new "google." When I'm looking for a recipe it's the first place I go to now :)

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest is addictive! and the sweet potato cupcakes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A Coffee Cake that can be made in the microwave. I really, really have to check that one out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the zucchini dish as well as those sweet potato muffins. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!