Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nutrisystem Week 1 Update - #NSNation

I have completed my first full week on the Nutrisystem Blogger Program. Woo-hoo! This is what showed up on my front porch...


Yes, that is a double layered box of pantry food! It included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert or Snack. Impressive, right? I also received a water bottle - cause hydration is so important in weight loss! And I got my packet with all the information about support, the plan and meal diary. Oh, wait. The next evening, just after dinner, we had another delivery...


This time is was the giant box of frozen food items. Again, options for every meal. It was a good thing I made room in our chest freezer. Feeling overwhelmed by the selection, I am keeping a log of what I have and what I thought of each item.

I am not a picky eater, so I asked for a good assortment of items. Really, when looking at the lists of food I had no idea how to choose! I do appreciate that next time I order I can customize the menu items with my favorites. So far I loved the Glazed Chicken Tenders and the Peppermint Cookie Patty. They will be going on my reorder list.

I wasn't as excited about some of the pantry items. I haven't worked in an office setting for 4 years, and am just not used to the taste of heat and eat food items. I used to heat up some soup or a frozen entree and that was lunch... eaten quickly before I dashed back to my desk. Ugh. I don't miss those deadlines! Now, I make more fresh or simple lunch foods. The frozen entrees were more appealing, and actually very good. I still have only scratched the surface of what Nutrisystem offers on the menu, so I will just keep trying new things until I find the best selections for my taste.

I was working so hard on my eating this first week that exercise wasn't as consistent as I would like. That is the goal for this week, move... move and move some more! The treadmill is ready, I have a new stash of workout DVDs and of course some new tunes to dance to. I am ready.

Overall it was a good week. The scale showed a 3.2 lb loss and I am so thrilled! I haven't had movement down on the scale like that for a few months. Now I am putting my head down and planning for the holiday. I am happy that I have some support numbers and the Nutrisystem online support community to help me navigate the gravy boat and pumpkin pie this season.

Next week I will be vlogging about a meal. Want to see what I am eating? Stay tuned.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog


*Disclaimer - Nutrisystem is providing me with 4 months of their program as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program in exchange for writing about my experiences. All opinions and experiences are my own, your results may vary.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!