Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nutrisystem Week 2 Update - #NSNation

I hope everyone had a great holiday! This would have been posted earlier, but I had a severe phobia of the scale... and with all the dishes to clean it slipped my mind.


This second week on the Nutrisystem Blogger Program was a doozie!  Nothing like hitting a major food holiday with a new diet. I did go for the turkey and trimmings. But I also tried to manage the usual decadence with a few great tricks.

I am loving that even though I manage my eating with Nutrisystem in the comfort of my own home, I am not alone. The online community is there for support, the experts can answer questions and there are suggestions and helpful reminders to keep this train from being derailed by a pecan pie that is calling to me! I found a few of the suggestions to be what gave me the courage to brave the day.

Let's face it, I am not sure as my family was noshing on the bounty of the day that I would have been content with my usual Nutrisystem dinner. I didn't want to feel eating remorse. But, then again, I didn't want to pig out and feel guilty either. Okay, so even through Turkey day is behind us, we are entering the diet minefield known as Christmas Party Season. Between cookie exchanges, office parties and family gatherings this can be a tough month.

First I had a plan. I love the saying, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". It works here. I moved dinner to our house as a small family so I could eat what I knew and prepared. Then we had dessert with the rest of the family. I went for a small piece of pie. Just one to be content but not overly guilty.

I kept water with me at all times. I am not a big drinker so it isn't a big problem for me, but I am still wary of drinking my calories. While I prepared our meal I kept my water glass full, I stayed hydrated during dinner and was sure to drink water through dessert.  It really did help me not feel hungry and not snack.

I also tried to be mindful of my portions. Getting to have some turkey was wonderful, a roll was divine and paired with some simple applesauce and baked squash was a good way to round out those protein & carbs.

After all that, I am happy to say I lost .6 lbs! Not too shabby. That brings my grand total to 3.8 lbs!! Okay, any loss during the week of Thanksgiving would make me smile.

I hope everyone had a great week. For my next update I want to introduce you all to some of the food I am eating. I will be tackling this via a vlog post. Maybe I can even turn on the "smell-o-vision" to go along with. If not you might just have to settle for me and some great food shots.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

*Disclaimer - Nutrisystem is providing me with 4 months of their program as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program in exchange for writing about my experiences. All opinions and experiences are my own, your results may vary.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!