Research shows that by February, 36 percent of people have abandoned their resolutions, and by April, that total increases to 54 percent. Now, if you are like me, your resolutions included losing weight and getting into better shape. For the sake of my health that is not a resolution I want to give up easily!
During National Random Acts of Kindness Week, Master Lock will be surprising gym-goers in six cities with the innovative 1534D Password lock to encourage them to stick to their fitness resolutions and spread a little kindness. The lock is ideal for safely storing your personal belongings during a workout and will be distributed in the following markets:
• Chicago, Illinois
• Los Angeles, California
• San Francisco, California
• New York, New York
• Dallas, Texas
• Miami, Florida
To help "lock up" your fitness goals, Master Lock is giving away their 1534D Password Lock, as well as gift certificates on their Facebook page. Find more information about their Facebook sweepstakes at: www.masterlock.com/facebook
In conjunction with Master Lock’s acts of kindness, the company has created the following set of tips to help consumers strategically adapt to their new lifestyles and make their New Year’s resolutions permanent habits:
• Write It Down…and Share It. Simply thinking through your resolutions and storing them mentally isn’t going to ensure you stay committed. Having a list of goals in your organizer, smart phone, or social media profile that you can easily access and share will reinforce your promise to yourself and spur encouragement from your followers and friends.
• Get the right gear. Whether your goals revolve around getting back in the gym or being more organized at home, having the right products to help you succeed is a must. For organization, the 7148D document storage box can help keep important documents safely filed away. To securely organize your digital life, register for a free account at www.masterlockvault.com to safely store your user names, passwords and other confidential data for easy access anytime, anywhere. Getting good shoes, proper work-out wear, and a new gym lock such as the 1534D Password lock will help reinvigorate your enthusiasm to exercise.
• Do it for a Month. In order for a new behavior to become a habit, you must stick to it for at least 30 days. Setting this small goal will make achieving your overall resolution more realistic. Plus, you can be encouraged when you’ve reached the one-month mark and assess your progress.
• Keep a Journal. Commit to writing one to two sentences about your progress toward your goals each day. Keeping a written record of how you’re doing will keep your resolution top of mind and motivate you to continue to make changes.
• One Step at a Time. Don’t set too many goals and then try tackling them all at once. Make one goal your priority and focus on changing your habits to achieve it. Once you’ve mastered it, set your sights on two additional goals, giving yourself realistic timelines to achieve them and go from there.
Stay tuned! I will be doing my own review on the 1534D Password lock soon and offering a giveaway to go along with it.
*Disclaimer - I was not compensated to write this post. I will be reviewing a Master Lock in the near future, but this press release was posted purely for the benefit of my readers. All opinions are my own.