But there is no need to settle for the same old party this year. Why not Spice it up?
It all comes down to food for me. I love offering my guests a wide variety of finger-friendly items to munch on. Nothing too bulky or messy because I want to keep the guests moving and talking. But, every good party needs some delicious food.
Take the old favorites and kick them up a notch!
- Hot Sauce - Make a big tray of nachos in the oven piled with all the goodies, from olives, black beans, jalapenos and cheese. Have a couple bottles of hot sauce handy so guests can add their own preferred level of heat. Make sure you always have a mild option, but also have a few choices available if your guests dare.
- Garlic - Peppers are not the only way to add heat to a dish. Try extra diced garlic in your bruschetta dip to bring up the flavor.
- Salsa - Everyone's favorite condiment can be mild or hot depending on the potency of the onions and the peppers used. I always think fresh has the most kick, but let your flavors meld for an hour or two to really bring out the heat. Serve with tortilla chips, toasted bread, pita or lettuce leaves.
- Red Pepper Flakes - These handy little heat bursts can be added to your favorite spinach dip or even deviled eggs to bring up the spiciness.
- BBQ Sauce - Depending on the BBQ sauce you use, you can turn up the heat on wings and meat by looking for a sauce with more pepper and chili.
- Wasabi - If sushi is your favorite, don't forget to add a pile of green wasabi to the serving platter to fire up the taste buds.
Be warned... if you dare your guests to some spicy fare be sure to have bread or milk handy if the fire gets to be too much. Your guests will appreciate an easy way to put out the heat.
Another fabulous way to add some spice to your spread is to offer your guests new Farm Rich Queso Cheese Bites.
Farm Rich Queso Cheese Bites can deliver just the right amount of spice to keep your party going! They are creamy white, queso-filled, breaded, bite-sized happiness, with just the perfect amount of heat. Ready in minutes, they are great for adding to a party, simple snacking or as a side. They have just 180 calories and 0 grams trans fat per serving and are sure to delight everyone's taste buds. Pick yours up at Walmart or any other Farm Rich retailer.
I have tried the Queso Cheese Bites and did enjoy the kick! Unlike other breaded cheese snacks, I didn't even reach for the ketchup. They were creamy and flavorful enough on their own.
Even though I love cooking for my friends and family, for large parties I always like to have some pre-made frozen options on hand. Have some ready when your friends arrive and keep another bag or two in the freezer ready to be baked fresh as needed. This lowers the amount of time I have to spend in the kitchen and lets me enjoy my time as a hostess.
Right now, through May 4th, Farm Rich is inviting fans to enter for a chance to win a $3,500 “Fiesta Grande” in their Pesos 4 Quesos Facebook contest. Register and play to win weekly prizes or take home the grand prize. Also by reaching certain levels in the game you can win coupons for your own bag of Queso Cheese Bites. The game is fun, easy and slightly addicting! Have fun and good luck.
Now that I shared my tips for spicing up a party, I want to hear your thoughts. How do you put a little spice into your own parties? What are your tips or tricks?
*Disclaimer - I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.