Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Feeding My Zoo with Del Monte and the Movie 'We Bought A Zoo' #CBias


Growing up I had so many pets, we jokingly called it my personal zoo. Now I manage a smaller crew at home, but it can still get a little crazy making me feel like it is a zoo.

Have you seen the movie, We Bought A Zoo?

Recently widowed Benjamin Mee (Matt Damon) moves his family in an effort to heal and bring them closer together. His new home just happens to come with a zoo! The zoo needs work, but so does the Mee Family.
 I am excited to be a blogger in the #iLovemyK9 shoppertunity with #CBias. It gave me the opportunity to share this movie with my family and come up with a few new snack ideas. Of course I knew my children would be excited about the zoo story line n the movie. What child wouldn't want to have their own zoo?


This blogging project was about Feeding My Zoo. As a Mom, I do a lot of feeding around here. So this sounded perfect. We purchased the movie (released on DVD 4/3), along with some Del Monte pet products to treat our animal friends, and Del Monte fruit cups for the rest of us.


I love the selection of fruit cups at our local Walmart. We picked up packs of pears, peaches and mixed fruit. There are many options to choose from like Sugar Free or Light Syrup. Currently you can find a $0.50-off coupon in First for Women magazine for Del Monte fruit cups.

We picked up a box of Milk-Bone dog biscuits and Milo's Kitchen Chicken Tenders for our dog Cooper. Both of these products are part of an in-store Walmart promotion right now. Check the large bags marked with a $4 on-package coupon for the movie We Bought A Zoo when you also buy 2 participating Del Monte pet products. You can see more of our shopping trip in my Google+ Album.


Also, Del Monte pet products are currently featured in Women's World and Parade magazines.


The movie was a big hit! I watched the whole movie the night before showing it to my kids. It is an uplifting, sad and beautiful movie. I do suggest a box of tissues as I cried, laughed and smiled a lot. As a family we watched it decked out in wolf ears and with our stuffed animal menagerie. Due to their ages I forwarded through some of the more serious themes presented in the movie. I will be recommending this one to friends. I hope in a few years the kids will watch the entire thing with me. 

After the movie we decided to treat our dog Cooper. 


I was very impressed with the Milo's Kitchen Chicken Tenders. They really look like pieces of chicken, grill marks and all. We hadn't tried these before but Cooper loved them.

Then it was time to feed the rest of our zoo! What is a movie night without some fun snacks? We decided on 2 different snacks to make from our Del Monte fruit cups. First I made Bagel Fruit Pizzas.


Bagel Fruit Pizza

You Will Need:
Whole Wheat Bagel
Plain Greek Yogurt
Del Monte Mixed Fruit Cup
Cinnamon


Spread a little thick Greek yogurt on a split bagel, then top with fruit pieces and dust with a little cinnamon.


These were simple, healthy and delicious. Yum! Make them and serve immediately since the Greek yogurt has more moisture than cream cheese. We enjoyed every bite.

Next I made a sweet and cold treat for the kids with our Zoku Popsicle Maker. 


The popsicles were ready to eat in under 10 minutes. Just drop the sliced fruit into the maker and fill with juice. So easy!


This was a great way to spend time as a family! We enjoyed a great movie, healthy snacks and time loving on our dog. 

Have you seen this movie yet? Let me know what you think. I would also love to hear what Del Monte products you enjoy with your family?

Connect with Del Monte on twitter - @DelMonteFoods
or Milk-Bone on twitter - @MilkBone


*Disclaimer - I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions and experiences are my own.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the Popsicle idea, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those snacks. AND...do your kids always dress up for movie night?? They are SO stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those snack ideas! I'm using those for my son next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want one of those Popsicle makers! Those treats look yummy and I love your photo of the kids in the costumes with animals around them, looks like they were totally in the spirit of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Popsicle maker is AWESOME!!! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the popsicles! Yum! Your kiddos look so cute with their ears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bagel fruit pizza and home made frozen treats, I know your kids were in heaven. Mine would be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pops look so yummy! I need one of those machines! And your puppy looks like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a nice movie. Thanks for sharing your snacks ideas. I usually use Del Monte to make fruit cocktails.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!