Monday, August 13, 2012

Almond Butter Banana Smoothie - The Secret Recipe Club (#SRC)


Mmmm....

I know breakfast is an important way to start my day, but life with a two young children is always chaotic! Some days it is harder than others to grab my favorite breakfast scramble or hot cereal. And then some days I really want to just have a cold, tall smoothie.




Secret Recipe Club




This recipe is courtesy of Angie from Successful Together. A successful Weight Watchers lifetime member and employee, her recipes have a points spin. If you are following Weight Watchers, be sure to give her recipes a look.

 Though I am not part of the weight loss group, I am always up for a good smoothie. This recipe in particular stood out because I enjoy adding whole oats to my breakfast and have never been one to pass up licking the peanut butter spoon... or as my new love is, almond butter. So, I am happy to present Angie's Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie recipe, with an almond substitution,  for this month's Secret Recipe Club installment. 




Almond Butter Banana Smoothie
adapted from Succesful Together

You will Need:
  • 1/8 cup (10g) oats
  • 2 Tbsp. almond butter
  • 2/3 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
  • 1/2 c. ice

Put oats in the blender and pulverize. Add the remaining  ingredients and blend til smooth. Serve immediately and Enjoy!


Now go check out what the other #SRC members cooked up for this month's reveal:


Andrea
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Mm, want. I totally make this with peanut butter all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this would be totally filling to start your day I'm sure! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make one with peanut butter that is kind of similar and super delish. Gotta try with the almond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea,
    This looks like a great smoothie, sure wish I had it right now. A great choice for the SRC, hope you are having a great day.
    Miz Helen
    Group B SRC

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a perfect breakfast smoothie...do want

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to add this to my breakfast rotation. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has all the ingredients of a perfectly balanced breakfast! Sometimes you just need something that is fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, nice. I'll have to give this a try--my husband would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! I know my k ids would love this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photo. These types of smoothies used to be a staple for me. So quick and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great picture andrea. Looks good too

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!