Monday, September 24, 2012

Throwing a Super Avengers Party - #MarvelAvengersWMT #CBias


With Marvel's The Avengers DVD making its mark on store shelves tomorrow, Tuesday 9/25, we threw ourselves a little super hero party this past weekend. My kids love super heroes! Okay, we didn't really need a reason for a party but The Avengers were still the perfect inspiration for a little extraordinary fun (#MarvelAvengersWMT).

If you have been inside Walmart lately, you might have noticed The Avengers are in the air... or at least all over the store. Walmart has some fun options for super hero fans young and old. Right now you can download the Superhero Augmented Reality app from the Apple app store or Google Play.



As soon as we stepped inside, we noticed the door sensors had posters advertising both the upcoming movie and Marketside pizza found in the Walmart deli. Keep reading if you want in on the tie-in.



We found so many great Avengers products! The pizza, masks, toys and cartoons were all available at the store. Also check out special pallet displays and posters for more great options to utilize the AR app. It turned our shopping trip into a scavenger hunt for Avengers fun. You can see everything we found in my Google+ album.


Okay, so back to that fun app! Both my husband and I downloaded the Superhero Augmented Reality app at home. He did it for his Droid, and I for my iPhone. We noticed some parts of the apps were different, but both are activated by trigger points within Walmart. Just keep an eye out for the signs, posters and opportunities to play.


I really enjoyed the product activation option and thought the interactive pizza box and displays were a great way to get even more excited about the upcoming release.


Choose the Marketside Pizza option and hold the phone over the specially marked pizza box. Are you ready for this?


A representation of the city pops up alive with the action from our heroes. They fly down in a rain of explosions and gun fire. You can turn the box or your phone for a better angle. My kids were very excited to get a close-up look at their favorites. I was blown away by the technology as I peered around the buildings for a closer look.


Now, this isn't the only fun going on right now. You can pick up The Avengers Blu-Ray/DVD/Graphic Novel Combo pack tomorrow to share with your family. This is a fun extra you don't want to miss! This graphic novel got my son really excited about his favorite characters and would be a nice addition to any true Avengers fan's collection.


Our party night was filled with crafts and fun all in the name of The Avengers. I made a felt Captain America shield, we designed our own felt masks, took fun super hero photos and even created Avenger sugar cookies to celebrate.


We also had some snacks and treats to accompany our Marketside pizza. I made Black Widow Popcorn in cute Avengers cups, Captain America push-ups, decorated hero sugar cookies, Hulk-amole and lots of sliced veggies and fruit to fuel our little super heroes.


I think you could say it was a "real hit".  We had a great time visiting with friends and letting the kids do what they do best - dress-up and play. I know my home is going to be all a buzz over The Avengers for weeks to come. What about your family? Are you ready for the DVD release?


Connect with Marvel on Twitter (@Marvel) and Facebook to stay on top of the latest news in the Marvel universe.

*Disclaimer - I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Marvel. #MarvelAvengersWMT #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions and experiences are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Your Captain America photo is awesome!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your party! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I almost made my some push pops, but changed my mind at the last minute. Yours turned out great!

    Ashley
    http://cuteasafox.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your party turned out awesome! It looks like everyone had a blast too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first photo! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolute Avengers adventure, both in the store and at home! Your Hulk gave me the chills :) Thanks so much for sharing your MARVELous family day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome decor....great job on the sugar cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a cool party - lucky kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have great photo taking skills! ;) The whole party looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Fun!! Love the set up of your table. Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic party for any child. Everything looks wonderful and what a fun time. I love the decorated hero sugar cookies. Super pictures of a great day.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!