I have a thing for Heath bars. Okay, those and just chocolate in general. That is probably why Valentine's Day gets me so excited. I love any chance to create something new and decadent in the kitchen.
This year there is a lot going on. I am preparing for our 3rd baby, my husband is busy getting the greenhouses planted and our kids seem to wear us out every evening. I am not sure where to schedule in the romance this year. Maybe between nap time and dinner preparation?
I do always make time to slip in a special treat. Not something I make regularly, but a from-the-heart dessert that says, "I Love You." For this I decided to kick chocolate cake up a notch by adding in a little International Delight Heath Creamer in place of the water and dairy. I also made these little cakes in individual portions and dressed them up with Heath flavored whipped cream and fun heart sprinkles.
The results were fabulous! Not only did they take me less than 30 minutes to make, but they were the perfect blend of chocolate, espresso and Heath all rolled into one.
I baked mine up in an assortment of glass ramekins and silicone mini heart molds. I saved the special heart-shaped cake for my own sweetie.
Mini Heath Chocolate Cakes
You Will Need:
- 1/2 c. butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 c. International Delight Heath Creamer
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. International Delight Heath creamer
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Grease 6 ramekins or a mini silicone heart molds. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Dissolve the espresso powder and whisk in the International Delight Heath creamer.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract till well incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the ramekins or molds. Push in a small handful of dark chocolate chips in the center of each cake.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the edges are set. Run a knife along the edges of each cake and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the cakes are cooling, combine the whipping cream, creamer and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Beat until peaks form. Invert cakes to serve and top with Heath whipping cream.
I hope these easy chocolate cakes bring a little extra love to your Valentine's celebration this year. Homemade can be simple and easy. Don't forget to pin this post to try for the holiday and if you are looking for even more great Valentine's ideas follow the International Delight Valentine IDeas Board.
...And if you want the chance to win some of your own International Delight creamers, check out the twitter giveaway below:
This Valentine’s Day, share the love with recipes and homemade gift ideas! Don’t miss the International Delight Valentine’s Day Twitter Giveaway. Enter by following International Delight on Twitter and by tweeting your favorite ID flavor with the hashtag #IDLove. Winners will be contacted on February 15th and will receive ID Valentine’s Day Sampler Packages!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.