Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Game Day Recipe - Hawaiian Pulled Pork for a Crowd

I was sent products from Handi-Foil to facilitate my review and recipe. All opinions and experiences are my own.


With game day approaching, are you ready to feed a hungry crowd of fans?

Whether you like to have friends over to cheer on your favorite football team, or you just want to catch the Red Hot Chili Peppers at halftime, Super Bowl is only 17 days away. Time to start planning, now.

In my house, we are all about the game day snacks and food. The last thing I want to do is have a team of dishes waiting for me once the game ends, so I opted to use Handi-foil for my food prep and serving needs.


Now, I have shown you casserole dishes, leftover boxes and other small roasters, but have you seen the Steam Table Pans from Eco-Foil in stores? 

I don't own a chaffing dish, so the Foldable Wire Chafing Rack, Full Size Steam Table Pans and Half Size Steam Table Pans are perfect for serving game day appetites. In fact, I can cook my food then serve it all in these pans. The chafing rack, with convenient holders for sterno fuel underneath, keep the food warm during the game and is easy to assemble.

Just place water in the full size pan and it acts as a double boiler to keep the half size pans, full of food, warm and ready for your guests.

I chose to make Hawaiian Pulled Pork in mine. Yeah, when the smoker is involved it is pretty fool-proof. 


I started off with a 2 pound Pork Tip Roast. Then I gave it a general pork rub and seasoned it with a little salt and pepper. Nothing fancy.

I put it on the smoker for 3 hours at 225 degrees. Low and slow gets the best results. You know it is ready when the meat has an internal temperature of 195 degrees. That is hot enough for the meat to pull nicely. You might notice below that my pulled meat has some smoke rings on it.


I started shredding with two forks when the meat was warm to the touch. Once it cools down enough I like to finish pulling it by hand.

Then I added enough sweet BBQ sauce to cover the meat. Then I placed it back in the smoker for another half hour to warm through.


To my chafing rack I added the water under the warm pans and my meat and rice. With heat underneath you can cover the top loosely with foil and have your feast ready for guests to enjoy at their leisure.

Very convenient!


The verdict? Good food, simple clean-up and everything stays conveniently warm. I don't want to make any of my guests sick on game day.

Talk about a party foul!

So, keep it safe, keep it warm and enjoy! Ready for this super easy Hawaiian Pulled Pork recipe?


Hawaiian Pulled Pork

You Will Need:

  • 2 lbs. pork tip roast
  • pork rub (you choice)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 bottle of NOH Hawaiian Bar-B-Q Sauce
  • 3 c. steamed rice
  • green onions for garnish

Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees.

Pat a room temperature pork tip roast dry with paper towels. Rub liberally with pork rub, salt and pepper. Place in a Handi-foil half size steam table pan to smoke for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 195 degrees.

When cool enough to handle, shred the pork and mix with Bar-B-Q sauce. Return to the smoker to heat the sauce and meat through, about a half an hour.

Place the meat in half of the full size steam table pan and your steamed rice in the other. Serve garnished with green onions.

Enjoy and have a great game!

Connect with Eco-Foil on Facebook or check out the Handi-Foil website to browse their entire collection of pans.


Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!