Sunday, November 14, 2010

Review - Nora Jones "Featuring"

I love music. But, don't try to tie me down to one type. Depending on my mood I might prefer pop, classical, alternative or even a bit of country. So, when I was given the opportunity to review Norah Jones' new album, full of collaborations and duets from jazz to country, hip hop to rock, I jumped at the chance.

When the CD arrived I couldn't wait to hear it. After reading the list of artists on this album, from music legends like Ray Charles to current stars like Foo Fighters, I just couldn't wait to see how all these artists could be on the same album. I mean, could you?


This may be the perfect CD for any mood. I quickly recognized the song "Baby It's Cold Outside: with Willie Nelson. This song will be featured in my home over the holidays. Several other songs caught my attention too. "Here We Go Again" with Ray Charles is also a fabulous song. Just check out this impressive list of songs and artists.

...Featuring Track Listing:
1. Love Me – The Little Willies
2. Virginia Moon – The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
3. Turn Them – Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
4. Baby It's Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
5. Bull Rider – Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
6. Ruler Of My Heart – Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
7. The Best Part – El Madmo  
8. Take Off Your Cool – OutKast featuring Norah Jones
9. Life Is Better – Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
10. Soon The New Day – Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
11. Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
12. Here We Go Again – Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
13. Loretta – Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Dear John – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
15. Creepin' In – Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
16. Court & Spark – Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
17. More Than This – Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
18. Blue Bayou – Norah Jones featuring M. Ward


Now, I can't say that I like all the songs listed on this CD, but there are enough of them and the songs are varied enough that the whole play list is enjoyable. I have listened to it several times and have found it to be a great CD to play during the day. Some songs get my toe tappin' and others call to me to sing along. So, if you are looking for a great list of artists and songs for everyone, then be sure to pre-order your copy today.

 This album will be available in stores November 16, but is currently available for pre-order on Amazon http://amzn.to/Njpreorder

Get Connected: Norah Jones' website
               Facebook
 *Disclaimer - I received a copy of this CD from the One2One Network as a member of their network of bloggers to facilitate an honest review. I was also entered into a giveaway for a gift card, but was not under any obligation to post a favorable review. All opinions are my own.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!