Friday, November 5, 2010

Sound the Alarm! 3rd Birthday on the Way.

Sunday is fast approaching and I am knee-deep in preparation for my little fire fighter's 3rd birthday party! I wanted to give you an update on my progress... and remind myself that little by little, I am getting it all accomplished.

I decided to forgo the usual gift bags of candy and trinkets. Instead I made each guest a cupcake cake pop (from Bakeralla's book)

 And they will also take home a fire hat and fire badge. How does that sound for party favors?

I also found a fabulous Etsy shop called Toadally Cute where I found the perfect fire fighter cupcake toppers and name banner.


I was impressed how fast she completed my order and the high quality of the items. I will be shopping at her Etsy shop again. BTW, since the banner was more expensive than I usually use, I opted to just have his name done and will hang it up in his room after the party is over. It will be a fabulous decoration for his room.

I will be attempting the Wilton fire truck cake, but my test cake was slightly disastrous. I hope to find an alternate recipe today and get another test cake made soon.

Also, what would a little boy's birthday party be without presents? Well, I ended up using CSN Stores to find the perfect birthday gift for my little guy. I went with the Legoville Duplo fire set & firetruck.

So much to still do! I can't wait to post pics of the cake (fingers crossed!) and the party. I know no matter what happens, the kids will have a blast.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!