Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! Drive Safely & Take Care

With Turkey-Day upon us, it is time to eat, enjoy family and be thankful for everything and everyone who has touched our lives this year.

I am most thankful for my family. A wonderful husband and two small children who bring laughter and love into my days. I am also thankful for our continued health and safety.

Did you know, in 2009, there were 411 motor vehicle traffic fatalities on our nation’s highways during the Thanksgiving holiday? Such a sad and tragic ending to an otherwise joyous time of year.


The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Ad Council are reminding everyone that the best way to stay safe is to plan ahead and designate a sober driver before you head out for your festivities. This Thanksgiving, help spread the joy; give thanks to life by not driving impaired.


When I was given the opportunity to write and spread the word here about the dangers of drunk or buzzed driving, I jumped at the chance. Just this past week my husband lost a former coworker in a car accident. It had nothing to do with drinking, but my heart went out to the family this holiday. I wouldn't want that loss to touch any other family this week, especially not for something that could be prevented like impaired driving.

 So enjoy your friends, family... and enjoy your turkey with all the trimmings. But, leave the driving to someone responsible, sober and alert.


Oh, check out this great Facebook tab with 50 non-alcoholic party drink recipes, and if you need it, this Facebook tab with a list of nationwide alternative ride programs to get your home safely!


Stay safe!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this very important reminder. I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created an interesting place to visit and I enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll be back. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!