Sunday, March 4, 2012

All You Couponing For Good! #AllYouCFK


Do you use coupons?

I love the rush of getting a bargain and saving our family some money, but I also love giving back to our community. Getting the opportunity to participate in a Champions for Kids Mission seemed like the best of both worlds. This project not only utilizes my coupon savvy, but lets me work with my favorite magazine, All You. The SIMPLE Service Project I am participating in for March is the All You, (#AllYouCFK) Couponing for Good Project.


This is my first time using coupons for a donation, but I think I am ready for the challenge.


We will be using our coupons for a local non-profit that serves youth and their families in our community. Deciding on a cause helped me to create a shopping list and find the right coupons. I will reveal the organization and our donation details in a post soon. I am so excited to tell you about this great organization in our community and why I am so excited to be helping them through couponing.


The non-profits' site has a list of items wanted for donation, it includes things like linens, cleaning supplies and basics. These are all things that I have often seen a coupon for in All You magazine. It is easy to get overwhelmed with coupon details, so I tried to stay focused and organized as I prepared for our shopping trip.




Armed with my favorite magazines and dipping into my own stash of coupons I was able to put together a nice stack of savings for our little trip to Walmart. Of course I didn't have a coupon for everything on my shopping list, but knowing that Walmart has great everyday low prices I knew I could make my money stretch.




I'm not sure my son understands what a coupons is, but he knew his Mommy was excited. This one my son helped me find in All You.




Some savings were big, manufacturer's coupons always help, and some were smaller, but it all adds up. Savings is savings.


Make sure to check the fine print before you leave the house. Check for exclusions and the expiration date so there are no surprises at checkout. Our cashier was very patient even when her system was not so cooperative. I allowed for ample time for this trip knowing that it might take a little longer to track down our specific items and check out with coupons.


It was worth it though! 




Our subtotal was $116.39
After coupons we spent $86.68
We saved: $29.71

This is our donation so far:


Check out our entire shopping experience in my Google+ album. You can also get involved with the All You Couponing for Good Simple Service Project. All You has tips and wants you to share your stories to inspire others to be involved in their communities as well. Let me know if I have inspired you.

Connect with Champions for Kids on Facebook or Twitter.

Every little bit helps.

*Disclaimer - This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinions are my own.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. great job! What a great stash! I can't wait to see where you are donating them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, what a great smile! It's never too early to teach them what a coupon is. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bunch of stuff you put together! That's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post. This is such a great program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from another Oregonian! :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!