Thursday, March 15, 2012

Couponing For Good - Family Mission Completed! #AllYouCFK

I left off the previous post, on this Couponing For Good Challenge, just after the savings rush from all those deals and coupons. We had collected a few bags of goodies on our Walmart shopping trip (check out the Google+ album for my details) and I left you hanging as to where our donation would be going...

Well, I decided to shop for our local charity, Casa De Belen.


Casa De Belen is a volunteer, non-profit organization that provides a safe home for pregnant teens and homeless families with adolescents while they back on their feet. It provides shelter and helps to create a positive future for up to 60 residents at a time.

I live in a small community, but there are an estimated 110- 200 homeless youth here. Many run away from violent and abusive homes. That is where the motto: Healing the heart that hurts comes in.

Casa De Belen relies on the community to help make contributions to keep it running. We chose to help by using All You and coupons to collect items requested for donation on their website. They are always in need of things like bedding, household items and first aid needs.


We found coupons for laundry detergent and toilet paper. Walmart had everyday low prices on items like hand sanitizer and bath towels.

I took my children to drop off our donation. I explained to my 4-year old son about donating to those in need. He had a lot of questions but having him be a part of this program was important to me.


This was my first time going to Casa De Belen. It was a rainy day and the building was pretty nondescript. It is hard to imagine the lives that are changed by having this place of refuge in town.


It was very rewarding for my family to participate in the Champions For Kids Simple Service Project with All You  (#AllYouCFK). I hope my story will inspire you to think about doing your own project to benefit the children in our area.

You can find more inspiration and information on the Champions For Kids Facebook page or by following them on twitter @champions4kids.


*Disclaimer - This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinion are my own.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Homeless teens are so vulnerable and desperately need advocates and resources such as this one. Thank you for raising awareness and benefiting this charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, just lost my commnent mid-typing....

    Your children look like they enjoyed themselves! Sounds like a great organization to give back to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin on the other side of the country has spent the last few years as a homeless teen, I can't even begin to imagine what he goes through or what resources he has. Great charity to shop for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you picked a great place and a great theme for your donations - it's easy to forget those toiletry essentials when donating items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the organization that you picked to donate to. AND...awesome that your kiddos were involved!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!