Monday, May 21, 2012

We Are Finally Ready To Get Grilling! #SummerWithSears

I have a confession to make...

Our backyard is a disaster area. I have been asking for a new grill for over 3 years. When I was a child we spent most good weekends outside, grilling up burgers or chicken and enjoying the Summer evenings. I really want to give these memories to my own children.

This year I have been tackling every room in our house, new furniture, decorating, organizing and making each space usable and comfortable. But, the outside of the house was yet to be addressed. There was a lot of debris blown in from the yard and the walnut tree as well as discarded boxes, broken toys and various garbage to be cleared. Check out these before and after pics:


To help with this backyard transformation I turned to Sears as part of their #SummerWithSears campaign. To get us ready for all the big grilling holidays coming up, Memorial Day, Father's Day, 4th of July and my daughter's 3rd birthday I started by looking through Sears' Online Catalog.




So many great ideas, products and deals to get even my backyard grilling-ready! I checked out the #SearsPatio section including their cushions and patio furniture.




I knew I had to find a grill for my family. On the Sear's GrillingIsHappiness website I used their Grill Finder. I selected what I was looking for and it narrowed down my search to appropriate 2-4 person gas grills. 




I fell in love with this Kenmore 4-Burner Gas Grill. It was a great deal and also by shopping and ordering online I was able to get an even better discount. Did you know you can make your purchases using Paypal? Checkout was quick and easy and all we had to do was wait for our confirmation email and then go pick it up.


I called their pick-up and delivery department to inquire more about the email and what was needed for getting our grill home. The person I talked to was very courteous and helpful, answering all my questions. 




Pick-up day was almost like Christmas for me. The best part was they already had assembled our grill, so we could take it home and start grilling right away. We had just enough room for it on the back of the truck. Under the tarp the flatbed was loaded with strawberry and watermelon starts for the farm. Check out our whole shopping experience online and instore in our Google+ album.

So we went from this:




...to this!


Yes, the gorgeous Kenmore grill is on my back porch along with some grilling accessories and those Garden Oasis Amberwood Pillows that I ordered from the Sears website. I really love the color against the black chairs.

Our BBQ was a great success! We grilled up lots of various vegetables, steaks and pineapple.


While we waited for our food to cook, we also enjoyed the eclipse Sunday night. My husband brought over a welding mask so the kids and I could view it safely. Did you get a chance to see the "Ring of Fire"?


Then we feasted!


My children kept asking when we would be grilling again. I am happy to say that with the backyard makeover and the new grill it would be soon and often this Summer. Don't tell my husband, but I also have my eye on a couple of Sear's patio sets to make our backyard area even more grilling friendly. Next I want to have enough room to invite over all of our friends.


This has given me inspiration for making this Father's Day really special for my husband. Let's just say it is going to center around our new Kenmore grill.


Here are some great Sears deals and promotions from the Friday, 5/18 circular ad to help get you ready for Summer:
  • Shop Your Way Rewards members save more each and every season for every $1 you spend you get 10 pts. (All Summer) This adds up quickly on purchases like grills and patio furniture!
  • Lock in today's low prices for all your upcoming events with Sears Layaway! (All Summer)
  • Free In-store Assembly on ALL Gas Grills (All of May) I loved this one!
  • All Patio Furniture, Decor and Grills on Sale
  • Free tool set when you buy a Hamilton Beach grill @sears now thru 7/31
  • The Sears Simply Outdoors 2012 catalog is now optimized for iPad

Connect with Sears and stay up on deals and announcements with Sears on Twitter, their Facebook page and Sears Shop Your Way Rewards on Twitter.

Also, be sure to check out Sears Weekly Deals for even more savings.

*Disclaimer - I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric  All opinions are my own.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Now I'm hungry! Great job! Love your new grill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic new grill! We had such a fun time with this shop as well! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! First I'm jealous of all the space you have! Second I'm jealous you got such an amazing grill at such an awesome price! Third, I love the picture of your husband. That's what I call a pleased man...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...you did a fantastic job sprucing up the back yard and porch area. I'm impressed. And you sure did get a super deal on that grill from Sears. Love how happy your family looks and glad that you will be able to spend plenty of time out there this Summer just enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In order to still be able to use your patio for this coming winter season, you should consider getting a patio heater.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!