Monday, September 3, 2012

Jingit - A Clever Way to Earn and Give while Shopping (#jingit4edu)


How many apps do you have on your phone right now?

Do you have one that can earn you money and supply your school with Box Tops for Education?

The Jingit program allows the user a chance to do all of this. If you have never heard of Jingit before, it is:
 a tech start up company that allows great brands like General Mills to pay you real, instant cash for paying attention to them. Because truly great brands should truly value your time. And with this limited time offer, not only will you earn by finding participating products in store and online, your designated school will receive Bonus Box Tops every time you do!
If you have a child, or family member in school, you know that every dollar counts! Box Tops for Education allows parents and community members to help out their local school by clipping box tops from specially marked products to redeem for much needed money to fund their playgrounds, buy books, or use wherever it is needed most. I live in a school district where every penny counts, we are rural and I love the chance to help out where I can. Jingit gives me even more ways to contribute to local schools.

For my family there are so many great products and beloved brands on the Box Tops program it is easy to incorporate it into our weekly shopping. Jingit is just as easy (no clipping necessary!) with great brands as well.



Sign up with an online account, then dowload the app for the iPhone or Droid. Choose a school to receive your Box Tops and then get shopping at your local Walmart.


I took my family with me so they could help me find items, scan and watch the videos about participating products. It was my daughter's 3rd birthday so she was still all dressed up. I explained to the kids what I was doing and they were excited for our product hunt.

We found Honey Nut Cheerios,


Fruit Roll-ups, Nature Valley Oats 'n Honey Granola Bars, Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks and many other great products.


After checking in to Walmart with the Jingit app, it gave us a list of participating products to find and scan. My kids both love the Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks and we spotted the Hello Kitty boxes on the shelf.  This made for a very happy birthday girl. She just loves Hello Kitty!


Because I only have two hands, my husband was willing to do the scanning while I took photos to document how easy it all is. Basically,check the Jingit app for products, find the product, scan the barcode, watch a short video and answer some questions.


The questions are really simple. Do you usually buy the product? What do you like about the brand? Etc. This simple brand engagement was fun and such a simple way to help out our school.

You might have heard that you can also earn money from Jingit. Yes, you can. This limited offer for Box Tops was the reason I downloaded Jingit, but I also plan on using the app on future shopping trips for the chance to earn money for shopping I do anyway.

If you are curious about signing up for Jingit and our shopping trip, you can catch the whole story in my Google+ album.


Also you can earn more Box Tops from home! On the Walmart site be on the look out for the Jingit logo and of course the Jingit site has more videos and opportunities to earn as well. Pour yourself a nice cup of tea, have fun and let the Box Tops add up.

Again, here is a link to sign up for Jingit. I also encourage you to follow them on Twitter and Facebook to stay up on exciting new updates in the future.

*Disclaimer -  I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Jingit #CBias #SocialFabric.  All opinions and experiences are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

4 comments:

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!