Thursday, February 21, 2013

Whole Fruit Sorbet- The Perfect Sweet Treat for our Family

Whole Fruit Sorbet

My children can't have dairy, so the ice cream of my childhood has become sorbet for theirs. In truth, as a picky mom I enjoy the fruit flavors and chunks of real fruit in their desserts. I first tried the Whole Fruit bars a few years ago with my family and we were hooked. This time around, I was able to get a hold of  whole containers and many new flavors to review and I think we fell in love all over again.

One of my goals has been to reduce our sugar intake. I am pregnant and also just don't want my kids to be "buzzing" with sweet desires everyday. These sorbets are perfect for that. With real fruit and no added sugar or artificial flavors we can still chill out with our spoons and not feel like we are having to choose between flavor and sugar.

Whole Fruit Sorbet

My favorite is definitely the lemon. Tart, smooth and cold, it was hard to share, but my son is also a fan of sour treats. The lemon isn't sour-face inducing, but it is also true to real lemon flavor.  Such a fine line, I know, but the result is delicious. I am definitely keeping this one on hand.

Whole Fruit Sorbet

Next in line came the black cherry flavor. Wow! My kids felt like they had hit the jackpot every time they fished out a big black cherry with their spoon. Rich, deep cherry flavor was the perfect way to end a meal. Again, not overly sweet, but just enough to let me feel like I was treating myself to something special.

My daughter's favorite was the strawberry and my husband is always partial to raspberry. With so many great real fruit flavors, there is bound to be something for everyone in your family as well.


Overall I was thrilled with the Whole Fruit Sorbet collection. Real fruit, real flavor and a treat I am happy to serve to my hungry crew. I don't even miss my ice cream, and I know my kids don't feel left out. Now both the bars and tubs will be regulars in our freezer.

Whole Fruit Sorbet

Grab a few flavors at your grocery store and let me know what you think. I want to find their new Valencia Orange sorbet. Doesn't that sound amazing?

You can connect with Whole Fruit on Facebook to stay up on the latest products and promotions.

*Disclaimer - I was sent a product sample from the company in order to facilitate this review. I was not required to post a favorable review and no other compensation was received. All opinions and experiences are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and like something my kids would love! I'll have to keep my eye out for it next time I'm shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to run to the store RIGHT NOW and get some. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! You don't find many lemon flavors out there. I want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Whole Fruit sorbet. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family loves the Whole Fruit bars ... wasn't aware of the sorbet! Definitely going to try this out! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. Is this available in Canada. I love sorbet. I rarely have ice cream because it's not that good for me either. The dairy really makes my stomach upset. Sorbet is so good. Lemon sounds magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I will be buying this next time I go grocery shopping. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love this stuff! This is the only sorbet that our girls scarf down!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! That looks amazing and I wouldn't feel guilty giving it to my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their fruit bars and as soon as it's warm again I'll be checking out the sorbet! I love how fresh and fruity the bars taste so I'm sure that the sorbet will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am a big fan of Whole Fruit - the strawberry one is my favorite in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are my favorite desserts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! That sorbet looks so yummy and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious, I haven't tried this before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorbet is one of those luxury foods for me, but not any longer. I'm going to be on the lookout for them. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!