Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chivalry is Alive for Valentine's Day




Usually Sunday dinner is a way to bring the whole family together over a home cooked meal. And it is a great excuse to break out some new food magazines or cookbooks for recipe ideas that my Mother-in-law, Sister-in-law & I are dying to try out ourselves. This Sunday, being Valentine's Day, things were a little different. The guys were in the kitchen whipping up some fabulous stuff! I am now not sure that we should let them off so easily the rest of the year! It was a wonderful way to be pampered this Valentine's Day.

They each contributed a dish to the meal; my Brother-in-law breaded up some chicken cordon bleu with prosciutto & gruyere ... while my hubby threw together a mushroom, asparagus & parmesan orzo ... and my Father-in-law baked his way to a chocolate cake. Way to go guys! I think these were new recipes for them all and they even had the timing down perfectly. Double wow!

Jealous? Oh, you should be! Add to this a little splash of almond champagne and voila! Perfection, plain & simple. Chivalry is very much alive in our family. ...and the grub is fantastic, too!

Is Chivalry alive and well in your house? Well, there is a great giveaway going on right now over at A Mom's Balancing Act where you can tell all about your Valentine's Day and win a pair of Docker's khakis for your guy.




Sound good? Well, ENTER HERE. This giveaway ends on Friday!!! 2/19... so, hurry! Also be sure to check out what other bloggers wrote.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Very jealous! That meal looks delish! I hope you guys thoroughly enjoyed your V Day! Thanks for linking up to Connect MEme Monday!
    I am your newest follower!

    http://thepursuitofmommyness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lucky duck. But I do have to say for Thanksgiving, Christmas and easter my hubby and son make me dinner. Nothing super fancy but still a bunch of great meals.
    Thanks for sharing. Have a great evening. Take care and God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh the cake looks yum :D, love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!