Thursday, May 13, 2010

Aloha Friday - #14

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

What soothes you when you are sick?

Little man has been sick for most of the week. That basically puts everything else on pause. He is very sensitive both physically and emotionally. So there was a lot a cuddling and special time for him. Because he had such a horrible sore throat and we have to keep this little guy eating (he is under the 3rd percentile for his age) so I resorted to Sherbet to soothe him. It worked and helped him to get some other food down his numbed throat.

Now, I really enjoy a nice hot cup of tea when I get sick. Usually I take mine straight, but when I am sick I revert back to my childhood and crave the taste of peppermint tea with a little honey and cream. It just helps me feel better.

So what about you? Is it the classic chicken soup? Or, something else that helps you weather the storm?

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It