Thursday, May 13, 2010

Aloha Friday - #14



Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

What soothes you when you are sick?

Little man has been sick for most of the week. That basically puts everything else on pause. He is very sensitive both physically and emotionally. So there was a lot a cuddling and special time for him. Because he had such a horrible sore throat and we have to keep this little guy eating (he is under the 3rd percentile for his age) so I resorted to Sherbet to soothe him. It worked and helped him to get some other food down his numbed throat.

Now, I really enjoy a nice hot cup of tea when I get sick. Usually I take mine straight, but when I am sick I revert back to my childhood and crave the taste of peppermint tea with a little honey and cream. It just helps me feel better.

So what about you? Is it the classic chicken soup? Or, something else that helps you weather the storm?

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. I'm a chicken soup kind of girl! I hope your little guy feels better soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to drink hot tea or Gingerale when I don't feel well.

    http://grammyjanetsplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/aloha-friday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Chicken rice soup and hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hot green tea when I'm sick. Sometimes I will get other kinds depending on the type of sick I am feeling.

    Thanks for stopping by Kristie's List!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a chicken soup kinda person, but I want it homemade!I hope your baby is soon on the mend.
    I am following you on Friday Follow. Please come visit me @ www.happyfamilyhappykids.blpgspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! New follower! I found you through the FF! Come visit me at http://bonsvivantsblog.blogspot.com.

    Jello & Gatorade is what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE tea with honey when I'm sick, and my husband likes to make homemade chicken noodle soup whenever we aren't feeling well. My daughter and I both spent some time eating Edy's All Fruit bars while we battled sore throats the last couple weeks. Mine fully frozen, hers a lil melty with the help of 10 secs in the microwave just to make sure she wouldn't literally bite off more than she could chew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean sheets that smell like they did when I was a kid.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/if-you-are-not-giselle-tell-me-an-amazing-fact-about-you/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A hot cup of tea with a shot of whiskey in it usually does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Visiting from Friday Follow! And following your blog now!
    Come by when you can, I have 4 giveaways on my blog that you may enjoy!
    All low entries!
    God bless!
    ~Hannah
    http://preparingforourchildrensfuture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh the sickies are going around here too! Me & baby girl are sick....all I was is ice water! I find it soothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Something warm like tea or my mom's soup, and lots of 7-up!

    Your poor little guy! Hope he is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just time to sit down and rest. Which I don't get since Im mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being left alone- whether home or in the hospital. All I really want is to be alone.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!