By Raya Ruder and Susan Campos
Who wouldn't love to have their own Ukrainian grandmother, or babushka, to share beauty secrets with them. Well, I don't have my own, but can still benefit from Raisa Ruder's. This Esthetician to the stars is sharing her time-tested beauty techniques on how to look flawless, naturally. Just with a quick trip to the pantry can give you the beauty boost you are looking for.
Just a sneak peak of the recipes include:
- Skin-saving Soufflés - whipped up wonders that shrink pores, brighten skin, and diminish lines
- Chocolate weight-loss wrap- a moment on the hips, tightens, tucks, and nips!
- Hot hair- a cayenne pepper blend that leaves locks silky, soft, and full
- PediPure- a soothing, smoothing foot scrub made with milk and mint
- Lustrous Lashes - a simple castor oil serum that thickens and lengthens
- Perfect Pucker- a mix of salt, green tea, and fruit that plumps up lips naturally
- And much more...
I enjoyed this book. Small & compact but full of fun tips! The cover says "All Natural And Better Than Botox", and the book is. I always love trying simple, natural and home made beauty recipes. Just another fun way to play in the kitchen. I tried the egg white mask first, which was a great way to use up extra egg whites I had after making custard. It tightened my skin and was so easy to do.
I also made the coconut lip gloss which was amazing! So simple to do and doesn't have all the harmful preservatives. Next I want to try making some of the tinted glosses in the book.
I have a few other items I am dying to try... body glitter would be kinda fun for this summer and the ingrown hair remedy sounds simple and easy.
- For extra entries, do any or all of the following and leave a comment letting me know after you do the mandatory entry mentioned above:
- Enter my Good Earth kit giveaway or Li'l Shopper giveaway (2 entries each)
- Subscribe via email (my feedburner box is on the right)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to my site (5 entries)
- Enter this on a Giveaway Linky & leave a link (5 entries for each Linky!)
- Follow me on Twitter (@notimeMom) & tweet about this giveaway. (2x per day at least 2 hrs apart) Feel free to use: " Win Babushka's Beauty Secrets (2 winners!) @notimeMom http://bit.ly/8XUJmK :: ends 7/12 #giveaway Pls RT!" Please include the URL (1 entry per tweet)
- Comment on any of my other blog posts. Just let me know where you commented (1 entry per comment)
- Tell me if you have a natural beauty tip or secret (1 entry)
Giveaway ends on July 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm PST. Open to all US & Canadian residents, but no P.O. Boxes. The winners will be selected by random.org and notified by email and will have 48 hours to reply back before a new winner is selected. Please leave your email so I can contact you if you win. Good luck!
*Disclosure: I was sent a copy of Babushka's Beauty Secrets from Hatchet Books for review purposes, no monetary compensation was involved. All opinions are mine.