Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Was That Mom...

Have you ever been that Mom? The Mom who's children are causing all the trouble? Oh, yeah... today I was that Mom. I was having a hard time not wanting to sink through the floor or laugh at the crazy situation.

We had to run into town during lunch, so we stopped in a McDonalds. Usually we go to the drive-thru and eat during the ride. Today my DH decided to mix things up (was this our first mistake?) and eat in the restaurant. This location has one of the huge old-school play structures. I think it is the only one like it in town. My son has asked to go in before, but I always try to distract him. I am a bit of a germaphobe and am not a fan of that place!

Today I decided to let him go in. What was I thinking? He rushed off and within 5 minutes he was upset and asking me to help him get out. He was whining and yelling loudly. Of course it was also busy in the kids' play area. My DH & I took turns trying to coax him out. It was kinda funny and pitiful all at the same time. Another little girl a year older than him tried to coax him out. My son threw a tantrum and screamed for her to go away. Finally a McDonald's worker crawled in and retrieved my son. Oh, my son was fine by the way. He said it was fun. The whole ordeal took almost an hour.

I could have sunk through the floor. We were entertainment for the lunch crowd. I guess every parent has moments like this. So, have you? I would love to commiserate with some other Moms right about now. Have you ever had a child get stuck in a play structure?
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. My child has never been stuck in a play structure, but I am THAT MOM with the screaming child at school drop off.

    My daughter attends a Mom's Morning Out class at the preschool at my mom's church. She only goes once a week, and it took 5 weeks to get the screaming down to a dull roar, and STILL everyone knows when she's dropped off and picked up.

    Sigh.

    ~Erin @http://dreamingwithmidnite.com
    TwitterID: Midnite592

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely been that mom. I think it's character building and helps us to not judge other moms...or this is what I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had several of those days too when my sons were young but they had never got stuck in a play structure before. Well, that's what parenting is all about. No wonder there were old folks tale that says in order to make your twenty something children be more matured, more patience and be a more responsible person, get him / her to start a family. Have a nice day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! I've had to crawl up to retrieve my daughter before. TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping back to say thanks so much for your great lunch-box idea!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!