Friday, September 30, 2011

Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers #Recipe

I love this time of year! The bell peppers are ready in the field and there are so many ways to serve them.

My absolute favorite way to enjoy a bell pepper is just chopped up with a small bowl of hummus or buttermilk ranch. But for dinner they make the perfect bowl to fill with any number of goodies. It is all up to your imagination.

I have several different stuffed bell pepper recipes up my sleeves, but I thought I would start out by posting my absolute favorite. This is so simple to make, goes in the crock pot and makes a wonderfully light vegetarian meal.

You Will Need: 
  • 4 or 5 large bell peppers as will fit in your crock pot, assorted colors keep it pretty.
  • 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
  • 3/4 cup couscous
  • 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Lemon wedges
Start by washing your peppers, cutting off the tops and de-seeding and de-ribbing the inside of the peppers. Add a little salt and pepper and set aside. Save the pepper tops to cut up and add to the filling.


In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the lemon wedges.


Mix everything up and then stuff each pepper with as much filling as it will hold.


Place the peppers in your crock pot and squeeze a lemon wedge over the top of them.


Cook the peppers for 4 hours on high.

Don't worry, there is enough moisture in the pepper and tomatoes to cook the couscous. You don't need to add any additional water to the bottom of the crock pot. See? Wasn't that an easy recipe? Serve with lemon wedges and Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!