Saturday, April 7, 2012

Brown Butter Very Blueberry Muffins #Recipe - April Crazy Cooking Challenge


This month the Crazy Cooking Challenge tackled one of my favorites, the blueberry muffin.

Photobucket 
Crazy Cooking Challenge #8: Blueberry Muffins

I love a nice warm blueberry muffin! Of course choosing just one recipe to highlight was hard. Do I go with a sour cream muffin? Lemon zest? Nuts? Well, as much as I enjoy the warm, nutty flavor in browned butter, I had to go with this Browned Butter Blueberry Muffin from Shutterbean.com. 

Tracy has an amazing blog! She does some great food photography and her recipes and posts are great. She is a domestic diva and proud of it! I will be revisiting her site for more food inspiration in the future.


Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins
(recipe from shutterbean.com, originally from Joy the Baker Cookbook!)


You Will Need:
  • 7 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries, dust them with flour & shake off the excess.
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
  2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Keep an eye on it. The butter can crackle and I like to cover it with a splatter guard til all the water is cooked out. Browning happens rapidly.  Remove from heat when butter solids become a medium brown color and butter smells slightly nutty. Immediately take the butter off the heat and set aside.
  3. Whisk together the milk, egg, yolk and vanilla. Add brown butter and whisk till well combined.

 4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir gently to incorporate. Don't over mix. Gently fold in the blueberries. Divide the batter among prepared muffin cups.

Now make the crumb topping for the muffins!

You Will Need:
  • 3 Tbsp. salted butter, cold
  • 1/2 c, all-purpose flour
  • 3 Tbsp. brown sugar

5. Combine all 3 ingredients in a bowl and crumble it with your fingertips.

6. Spread this over the muffin batter. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Enjoy!

Now check out some of the other great blueberry muffin recipes on the linky below. Be sure to vote on your favorite. Mine are the Brown Butter Very Blueberry Muffins.


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Great pics and fabulous, easy recipe!

    #65

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious looking. Your photos are great. #63

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the brown butter. What a great idea! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently discovered how yummy brown butter can make recipes ! I just pinned and FBooked these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea to add brown butter... such a delicious flavour! Great choice for the CCC!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try a brown butter recipe. Muffins never crossed my mind. Thanks for a great idea and yummy looking recipe!

    I am CCC #87.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really can't go wrong with brown butter :) And very blueberry sounds good too!

    Stopping by from CCC #28
    {I stumbled, pinned, tweeted, and FB shared your recipe!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your muffins turned out gorgeous! Love the use of the brown butter. I'm stopping by from the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love using browned butter is cookies, I have to try it in muffins too! Thanks for sharing! Looks wonderful!
    Come see me #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brown Butter? How can you go wrong with this recipe, and 2 cups of berries, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made "brown butter" anything...I think I'll have to do so now!
    #20

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are absolutely gorgeous and browned butter is SO yummy! I'll definitely need to try these!

    Great CCC #8 recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came to your blog to say I can't wait to try these muffins out, I can't believe I now have over 50 recipes to try out LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look really good, I will have to try them!! Stopping by from CCC #41.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently discovered the deliciousness of browned butter...these muffins look fantastic!

    I'm visiting from #42 :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow those look fantastic! PS I'm from Oregon too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!