Friday, September 28, 2012

Goodbye To Summer Zucchini and Quinoa Salad #Recipe


Summer may be officially over, but that doesn't mean all the great produce is gone...just yet.

My zucchini plants are still trying to pump out veggies, the corn is still on and well, there is always quinoa hanging around in my cupboard. Toss this with a bit of goat cheese and a little lemon and it is a great compliment to the end of a season.


Goodbye To Summer Zucchini & Quinoa Salad

You Will Need:

  • 1 c. cooked quinoa (I used a mix of red, black and white from the bulk section)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced.
  • 2 ears of corn, boiled and kernels cut off
  • 2 green onions
  • 1/2 c. goat cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. basil, thinly sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste

Dressing:

  • 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 garlic clove, pressed
  • 6 Tbps. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. coarse salt 
  • 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper


Create the dressing by whisking the first 4 ingredients together. Then slowly add in the oil, mixing as you go. Season and finish whisking. Set this aside.
Heat up your pan with the oil. Saute the garlic till fragrant and then add the zucchini, corn and green onions. Stir and cook till crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes. Then add the quinoa and half the dressing and stir well. 
Turn off the heat and fold in the cheese, basil and remaining dressing. Salt and pepper as needed.
Enjoy!

We ate ours with a plateful of other beautiful veggies. It was the perfect light and healthy dinner to end the day.

Andrea
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! (And that's coming from someone who really dislikes Zucchini, lol) - And I also just wanted to say, gorgeous shots. You really captured the beauty of the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy. Will definitely have to try this out. I have pinned to my healthy food boards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good. I never would have thought of that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so yummy and I do love my zucchini

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! I love cooking with zucchini, I will have to try this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Just stumbled this for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing, I am going to have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delicious dish to make. My daughter is vegan and loves Zucchini & Quinoa. We are looking for new dishes with quinoa and this would be nice to try. She would omit the goat cheese, but otherwise the ingredients look fantastic.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, sounds delicious and so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good & love how easy it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe looks amazing!! LOVE Quinoa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! Love quinoa and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!