Summer may be officially over, but that doesn't mean all the great produce is gone...just yet.
My zucchini plants are still trying to pump out veggies, the corn is still on and well, there is always quinoa hanging around in my cupboard. Toss this with a bit of goat cheese and a little lemon and it is a great compliment to the end of a season.
Goodbye To Summer Zucchini & Quinoa Salad
You Will Need:
- 1 c. cooked quinoa (I used a mix of red, black and white from the bulk section)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced.
- 2 ears of corn, boiled and kernels cut off
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 c. goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. basil, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 6 Tbps. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper