This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own. I received PLAY-DOH books for the purpose of this review. This post includes affiliate links.
I remember playing with my own tubs of PLAY-DOH as a child. I started out happily rolling snakes and simple shapes, and eventually graduated to more complex figures and creating play food. So when my kids were old enough I shared the fun with them.
Now books are another important part of childhood in our home. Since my children were born we have added to their book collection every holiday and as treats for good behavior. They love story time. My 3-year old is still pretty rough on paper books so board books are a great way to hold up to her inquisitive fingers.
I was sent 5 new PLAY-DOH board books to review with my little one. She was delighted by the bright colors, simple words, interactive 'lift-the-flaps' and adorable figures. I love the iconic brand branching out into toddler books.
Silver Dolphin Books and Hasbro teamed up to release 5 new board books this Spring for ages 3 & up.
The five books include:
- PLAY-DOH: Mama's Little Ducklings - One of Mama Duck's eggs is on a roll! Where could it be?
- PLAY-DOH: My First Words (Play-Doh My First 100 Words) - This book introduces young readers to a wonderful world of words with over 50 labeled illustrations!
- PLAY-DOH: Counting Bunnies (Play-Doh First Concepts) - Ten silly bunnies teach kids to count from one to ten!
- PLAY-DOH: Making Shapes with Monkey (Play-Doh First Concepts) - Monkey uses shapes to make all kinds of useful items for his friends.
- PLAY-DOH: Rainbow Butterflies (Play-Doh First Concepts) - Butterflies in all the colors of the rainbow subtly hide for young readers to discover.
Overall as a Mom I loved the books! My daughter had a lot of fun with them, and she plans to read them to the new baby along with help from her older brother. Board books are my favorite way to get books into the hands of young children. From shapes to counting, these books are a great teaching tool for little ones. They are also durable and fun. It is amazing how much abuse they end up taking in my house, but they are always loved.
I am happy to say that I can also share a set of the new PLAY-DOH board books with one lucky reader here on Adventures in All Things Food & Family. Enter using the rafflecopter widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclaimer - This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own. I received PLAY-DOH books for the purpose of this review. All opinions and experiences are my own. This post includes my Amazon affiliate links.