Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Target Exclusive - Betty Crocker Watermelon Cupcake Mix #BiteIntoSummer

The information and cake supplies have been provided by Betty Crocker through Platefull Co-Op. All opinions and experiences are my own.



Are you ready to #BiteIntoSpring ? Well, this fun cake mix and frosting exclusively at Target from Betty Crocker have be itching for a bite of the real thing. Yes, the mix and frosting are not only iconically colored to remind you of the juicy Summer fruit, but they are flavored like watermelon as well!


I whipped up this fun afternoon treat for the kids with the Betty Crocker mix and my half round pans. I had a burst of creativity for this little cake baking endeavor. I did have to promise the kids there would also be some regular cupcakes for them to decorate. They just love frosting their own!


Fast enough to whip up for an everyday occaision, I had my kids help me with the mixing and pouring. I set them to bake while my son was at school. It would be plenty of time to let my cakes cool completely before he returned. It also gave me some time to create my own little watermelon.

To Create Watermelons

Take two half round of cake. Spread a little frosting between them and secure with toothpicks. I took a small amount of the Betty Crocker Watermelon frosting and mixed in a little more dark green gel food coloring. Frost the entire round with the lighter green frosting and then streak with the darker frosting to give your cake a varigated rind. With a piping bag and small tip, I piped the watermelon vines onto the plate surrounding the cake.


My kids opted to decorate some cupcakes I made with the remaining batter. They enjoyed my creation, but wanted to create their own.

The cake is a classic "watermelon" pink with a lovely fruity flavor. There are even little "seeds" inside. The frosting is a little shockingly green...but it pairs perfectly with the cake.


The cake was gobbled down quickly. Smiles abounded and I totally scored as a cool Mom. Yeah, watermelon in March, it does happen.


You can find this Betty Crocker Watermelon Cupcake Mix and Betty Crocker Watermelon Frosting exclusively at your local Target and only for a limited time.

Follow Betty Crocker on Facebook and Twitter to learn about products, promotions and other tasty news.



llllAndrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!