Monday, March 24, 2014

Proud to be a Toxin Freedom Fighter, Will You Join Me?

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Seventh Generation. I received a promotional item and product samples as a thank you for participating. All opinions and experiences are my own.


Life changes a lot when you have kids. Am I right?

I used to grab whatever cleaners sounded the strongest or most intimidating. Harsh smells or scrubs seemed like they did a better job eradicating the bad stuff. I wanted to kill germs at any cost. Now with kids I read labels, I check the warnings... I care more about everything that might touch my children's skin or, heaven forbid, end up in their mouths.

Right now everything ends up in the 9 month old's mouth.


He also has sensitive skin so I choose natural prodcts or ingredients whenever possible. I also use the Seventh Generation cleaning products in my home. I need my home to be clean, but I also need it to be safe for my three children.

Did you know? 
  • More than 80,000 chemicals available in the United States have never been fully tested for their toxic effects on our health and environment.
  • Scientists have linked exposure to toxic chemicals to many health risks, such as Cancer, Alzheimer’s, learning disabilities, asthma, birth defects, and various reproductive problems.
  • You can lean more on the Natural Resources Defense Council website
So I became a Seventh Generation Toxin Freedom Fighter. It's easy! I signed Seventh Generation’s petition to urge Congress to reevaluate the Toxic Substances Control Act for the first time since 1976. Yes, that's right, it has never been updated!

And have you taken a look at the cleaning aisles lately? There are so many products to choose from and sometimes as a consumer it can be hard to know what to choose. I don't always have time to make my own cleaning solutions and would love to know what I buy in the store is safe to use around young children. And well, safe for myself as well.

Seventh Generation is hoping to make that change for all of us. They care because they have been working for 25 years to bring consumers plant derived cleaning products.  They want to collect 100,000 signatures by April 24th. This will help show Congress that we care. Can you help them out? Will you stand with me to #FightToxins ?




Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!