Sunday, December 21, 2014

Savory Rosemary Italian Herb Nut Mix

This delicious Rosemary Italian Herb Nut Mix recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. It is a great nut mix to make and take as you travel this holiday season. All opinions and experiences are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveMyCereal #QuakerUp


Usually we hang close to home around the holidays. My husband's extensive extended family lives close by, so we dash from meals and celebrations to back home multiple times during the holiday season. But none of those trips are very long.

This year though we have a special surprise for the kids. We are packing up the kids and heading up to the city to catch the Polar Express. They are going to be so surprised! 

All this travel and excitement is bound to make my family hungry. Now, I know there will be plenty of places to stop and grab a snack along the way, expensive and slightly boring, but I would rather pack something tasty and homemade along with us for our holiday outing. 


Did you go on road trips as a kid? 

Every year my family would take a car trip from Oregon to Utah. It was a long and boring trip for an only child, but I knew my Mom always packed the best snacks to enjoy along the way. Some of my favorite things to munch on were cereal, trail mixes and frozen grapes!


That is where the inspiration for this Savory Rosemary Italian Herb Nut Mix came from. I wanted to combine two things I knew my family would love, cereal and toasted nuts. Of course I had to add my own little spin... fresh rosemary from my garden along with a simple Italian Seasoning Mix, oil and a little roasting.


Nut mixes are so good and easy to make. A custom savory mix like this would cost a lot more in the store and wouldn't include my childhood favorite, Quaker® Life cereal


Savory Rosemary Italian Herb Nut Mix

You Will Need:
  • 1 c. Quaker® Life cereal
  • 4 c. assorted raw nuts. I used pecans, almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds
  • 1 c. pretzel sticks
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 3 tsp. Kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together the Quaker Life cereal, nuts and pretzels. Toss with oil, salt and seasonings. Make sure all the nuts get coated evenly. 

Spread the nut mixture on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes and watching the nuts closely that they don't burn. 

Remove from the oven and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

Enjoy! 




I grabbed all my nuts, seasoning and cereal I used for this recipe at my local Walmart. There is a whole selection of Quaker® cereals, like Quaker® Real Medleys®, Quaker® Oatmeal Squares, Quaker® Simply Granola, and Quaker® Life.


Since I shared my favorite snack using Quaker® cereal, I would love to hear how your family adds Quaker® to your day? 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!