Monday, April 27, 2015

Savory Sausage and Pepper Crepes - My Little Trip to Flavortown

I participated in a Influencer Activation for Guy Fieri Sausage. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #CookingWithGuyFieri 


As a Mom with young children, I have spend a lot of time watching Food Network. It was really no surprise to me that the first celebrity my son could identify on magazine covers and store displays was Guy Fieri!

Yes, those hours of watching Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, along with Guy's Grocery Games has made him a hero in our household and the chef my son wants to emulate in the kitchen. He is an expert on flavor and good food with a bigger than life personality and memorable hair. So when I heard that Guy Fieri had his own line of sausages available at my local Walmart, I knew, "This is Money!".


Fully cooked sausages are the perfect way to spice up our meals at home. They can go in just about any dish. This line, from Guy Fieri, comes in both chicken and pork varieties, is made with fresh ingredients and is natural hickory smoked. As a kid, sausages were eaten on their own, as well as sliced up to be thrown on a pastas or casseroles. But, it was my husband that suggested we try them in a savory crepe.

Yes, crepes were a great idea! It was the perfect chance to let these flavorful sausages take center stage.

I like to make up a big batch and freeze the remaining crepes for fast meals later in the week, but you can also find pre-made crepes in the freezer section making this a really fast meal for a busy weeknight.

Start by grilling or heating up the sausages.


 I used Guy Fieri's Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese Sausage this time. I thought it would go perfectly with an Italian Herb Crepe, some sauteed bell peppers and shredded Mozzarella cheese. The sausages are already filled with Italian flavors and come in a natural pork casing. They also have big chunks of cheese right in the sausage. You can't have too much cheese, can you?

See the melted cheese in there?


Next I really want to try the Guy Fieri Fajita Seasoned Chicken Sausages, I think they would be perfect for easy quesadillas. My kids love quesadilla nights.

But, here is the recipe for these super simple crepes. If you haven't tried making your own crepes, be sure to give it a whirl. It is a fun skill to have under your culinary belt. The rest of this recipe is super simple though.


Savory Sausage and Pepper Crepes

You Will Need:

  • 2 bell peppers, sliced into uniform strips
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 package Guy Fieri's Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese Sausage
  • 1/2 c. shredded Mozzarella
  • Savory Crepes (or a batch of plain crepes with 1 Tbsp. Italian Herbs added)


In a hot pan, saute the bell peppers in a little olive oil till softened. Remove and set aside.

On the stove top or the grill, heat the Guy Fieri's Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese Sausage through, let the casings color up a little. Allow to cool slightly before slicing into smaller pieces.

Warm the crepes as directed on the package, or cook the crepes fresh. If you are making from scratch, omit any sugar in the recipe and replace with Italian Herbs.

Assemble the crepes by placing peppers and sausage in the middle, then sprinkle the top with a little Mozzarella Cheese and roll.

Enjoy!


See, wasn't that easy!

The crepes are lighter and different from your average wrap or tortilla. The sausages were so juicy and flavorful, they didn't need any additional sauces or dips. hese Savory Sausage and Pepper Crepes featuring Guy Fieri Sausages were perfect for a warm evening meal. I love that they are light and elegant - while still being being satisfying.

Let's just say, it is a great way to travel to Flavortown.

Do you have any grilling plans this week? Which Guy Fieri Sausage would you like to bite into first?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!