How would you build your perfect sandwich creation?
Mine would be piled high with smoked turkey, colby jack slices, juicy fresh tomatoes and creamy slices of ripe avocado for some healthy fats and oils. It would all be served up on slices of Oroweat® Original Oatnut, one of my all-time favorites!
I don't think sandwiches ever have to be boring, you just need to find a good bread that you love and ingredients to keep you fueled for the day.
You will always find a nut or multi-grain option of bread in our home. My husband is a huge fan of the Oroweat® Country Potato Bread - It is perfect for a good old fashioned Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.
As a child I liked to see just how much I could stuff between two slices of bread... sometimes My Mom must have suspected I was part snake, with my desire to unhinge my jaw for a serious sandwich creation!
Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads are my favorites, but I also like to switch things up with the Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls. I like the flavors available and the soft texture of their bread products. They are the perfect complement to my favorite fillings whether they are meats, cheeses, veggies or crisp bread and butter pickles!
All of Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls contain:
o 3 to 4 grams of fiber per slice or thin
o Zero grams of Trans Fat
o No High Fructose Corn Syrup
o Cholesterol free
Look for the Whole Grain Stamp found on all of Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls to see how this fits into the daily recommended 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day.
So all you have to add is the good stuff to make your sandwich your own.
My sandwhich is piled high with mayo, lettuce, tomato, colby jack cheese, smoked turkey, avocado slices and a thin smear of honey mustard. What do you think? I think my creation would fit in nicely with the "Fueling Good" category in America's Better Sandwich contest. If you haven't heard about the contest, see below for how to enter, what you can win and how with your entry Oroweat® will donate to Feeding America.
Oroweat® Bread is excited to launch the second annual “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Oroweat® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000. You can choose to use any of the Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Breads, including the new Healthfull® bread varieties, or any of the Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties for your entry.
There are 5 great categories to create for, and there will be one ($5,000 category prize) winner selected for each:
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites)
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “Open-Face Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals announce their ingredients—like sharp cheddar or tasty tuna— sans second slice, highlighting bold colors and textures)
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutritious breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends)
- “Love, Healthfully” (celebrate our new Healthfull® Breads with innovative recipes that play off nuanced, foodie-approved ingredients like honey, flax and sunflower seeds)
Oroweat® bread will donate one loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the 2015 “America’s Better Sandwich” Contest
So, what would be on your better sandwich creation?