Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy National Strawberry Shortcake Day!


I love holidays! Though this is not an official one, it is pretty easy to find all over the web today, June 14th. Yes, it is National Strawberry Shortcake Day! Woo-hoo!

Have you ever taken a peak at National Food Holidays? I think they are a lot of fun and since I am still up to my elbows in strawberry recipes, I thought I would share.

We will be celebrating in the true spirit of the holiday with buttermilk shortbread biscuits (From King Arthur Flour) and a good mash of sweetened berries for the top... no, I won't forget the fresh whipped cream. My son loves mashing the berries. I like to use 1/2 mashed & 1/2 sliced.



I also made this strawberry pound cake that would go well under more berries and a doll up of whipped cream.


If you are really adventurous, head over to Pink Parsley for her Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Recipe. I Need to try these!


Did you know the #1 dessert choice for July 4th, the Independence Day Holiday is Strawberry shortcake? Any way you serve it, people love it! So, how do you like yours? Premade biscuits? Angel Food or Pound Cake? Or do you make your own? I would love to know how you enjoy your shortcake.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. The strawberry pound cake looks amazing. I love strawberry anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a bit embarrassed to say that i have yet to try strawberry shortcake :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know you were contacted - she got so excited about the giveaway ending that she couldn't wait for me to draw a winner the next day, haha. But when she messaged me to tell me she chose a winner instead of waiting she just said she contacted the winner she chose so i ahd no idea who. Congrats on winning & thanks for entering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea it was Strawberry Shortcake day. And I didn't eat even one strawberry. I haven't had strawberry shortcake since I was a kid. I remember preferring the pound cake version. I should probably have some again one day soon.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!