Thursday, July 15, 2010

Aloha Friday - #22

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe it is already Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate! Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

What Local Fruit or Veg. Blows Your Skirt Up?

You know what I mean. What do you look forward to coming into season each year? For me it would be blackberries. I don't know if I could ever eat too many! There is something so quintessential about picking and eating fresh vine-ripened blackberries. Maybe they just taste better with stained fingers?

I am still anxiously waiting for the wild berries to ripen. My DH brought home some local farm berries, but they weren't the same. *sniff* I already have blackberry pie and cordial on my mind.

I want to know, what about you? What fresh produce gets you all excited about summer? Watermelon? Strawberries? Tomatoes? I want to know!

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes it's Friday again, how time flies. I am from Malaysia so at the moment we are looking forward to Durian season, king of all fruits. Have a nice weekend ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love fresh tomatoes. However they are not as tasty as I remember them being years ago.
    My Aloha Friday Link for you

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!