Thursday, July 22, 2010

Aloha Friday - #23

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

Are You a Fan of Bundt Cakes? Have a Favorite?

My new Kuggelhopf Bundt Pan is here and I am smitten. I broke it in with an Old Fashioned Banana Bundt Cake... then turned it up a notch with a bit of banana butter cream. Oh, yes! Love at first bite.

After hours of internet recipe drooling I am pretty sold on my little bundt pan. I don't see many people use them anymore and this was my first. I feel like a whole secret society just opened up to me. I would love to hear your bundt thoughts. Or, just tell me what I should try next. I will have the recipe and pics up shortly. I just want to yell from the hills how great this simple cake was.

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

21 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Bundt Cakes. I especially love little personal bundts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making them, but I can't eat them. Whch is fine, I've never been a big fan of cakes. Brownies and cookies, on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a pumpkin Bundt cake with a Butter-Rum Maple glaze!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, now following!

    Happy Weekend

    -Andrea
    PumpkinTart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me a Cinnamon Bundt cake with sugar on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah, I have to admit that I love bundt cake too lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made a bundt cake! I think they are yummy and the one you made sounds very delicious! I look forward to the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm cake! If you'll make the bundt cake then ill eat it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive never had one, but Im sure I'd love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. My all time favorite bundt cake is Pumpkin Chocolate Chip. So easy to make, no eggs or nuts - so allergy friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I love Lemon ones. Now I will have to make one.
    My AF link for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't had one in years!

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/can-you-tap-a-500-word-text-in-6-seconds/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, thanks for coming to visit me! I love bundt cake pans too! Have a small collection going on but really some of my favourite recipes are the old fashioned pound cakes, or if I'm looking to step it up a notch then I'll do the lemon poppyseed cake that is incredibly similar to the one that starbucks makes! Delicious! You should totally plant red currants btw...they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know. I guess I can hardly remember what they taste like. Only thing that comes to mind too is that movie, my big fat greek wedding :)

    You can tell how long I've eaten cake huh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes i love bundt cakes!!
    here's my Aloha Friday question

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can not think of them right now...
    but knowing me.. i am sure i do like them

    ReplyDelete
  16. William Sonoma had these adorable mini bundt cake molds that I was in love with. I love bundt cake! I'm also your newest follower! Come check out my blog if you get a chance :)
    http://gruneisenfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like them but haven't found a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't had one in a long time.

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/07/aloha-friday-thermostat.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like them, baking them especially but I can't say I have a favorite.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. haven't heard of them in awhile but do like them alot!:)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!