Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Leftovers? How about Spring Rolls...

Leftovers are inevitable... or, they are in this house. Luckily I have a DH who would eat just about anything I put in front of him. But still, some days I want something... well, more exciting!


Armed with some left over rotisserie chicken, spring roll wrappers, rice noodles and assorted veggies and condiments, I went to work to make two different wraps for us.

The rice noodles are so simple and fast to prepare! Just let them soak in hot water for 10 minutes. Then grab another bowl of hot water and dip your rice paper wrappers. Don't let them sit. They will soften up very quickly and you don't want them to tear or just disintegrate.  Then lay it out on a dry plate (dry between rolls as the water will keep making the wrap softer.) and assemble your fillings.

For my first wrap I used the chicken pieces, avocado slices, olives, cherry tomatoes, a bit of noodles and a little Paul Newman's Asian Ginger salad dressing. They were yummy!

The other wrap had the chicken, avocado, olives, noodles, sour cream and a dollop of Cafe Yum Sauce. The sauce is a flavorful dressing for our rice and bean bowls. Next time I might even throw in a few black beans to make it a true rice and bean wrap!

Wrap them tightly and as the wrap dries it will shrink to hold in your filling. Since I put sauce inside the wraps I didn't add a dipping sauce since I had already added the sauce to my filling. It was a simple and non-conventional lunch that I will be trying again. These would be fun to pack for a picnic. I think my wrapping skills need to be honed!



Enjoy!

So, what would you like in your wrap?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!