Thursday, December 2, 2010

Aloha Friday #41


Welcome to Friday Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. I feel like I am experiencing the calm before the storm of the holiday. Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...


When do you decorate for the holidays?

We have a strict policy in our house to not start decorating for the holidays till Thanksgiving is over. Starting yesterday, the first, we started the advent calendar. This year my son got a Play Mobile advent calendar and we have a felt one for the wall. Our tree will come next weekend because I like it to stay fresh through Christmas. I know many families in our neighborhood already have trees and lights up, so I wonder when everyone else decorates?


If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I like to have everything up by December 1st however...I'm not quite finished yet this year.
    Happy Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year and this year I put up my Christmas decor at the beginning of Nov. when I took down my Halloween decor! What can I say, I love Christmas and I like to keep it around for as long as I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally we put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We decorate the house the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The day after thanksgiving is when all our Christmas decor goes up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all depends on how motivated we are.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/12/what-have-you-had-to-wait-for/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will begin tomorrow when my son is home from school so he can participate.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anytime after Thanksgiving is fine, but I like to wait until December if I can. We're doing mostly kid-made crafts this year to avoid the breakables with an adventurous 16 month old in the house so it's really just a few hung up pictures, etc. right now.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!