Friday, December 31, 2010

Aloha Friday #44


Welcome to Friday Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. I feel like I am experiencing the calm before the storm of the holiday. Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

 
How do you Ring in the New Year?

As we sit on the eve of 2011, and I think we might cancel our big plans due to a house of colds and runny noses, I wonder... how do you celebrate this evening? Our family usually heads over to a friends house and we let the kiddos run wild. Don't worry, the little ones will probably crash long before the ball drops. It does give all the parents a chance to enjoy themselves and catch up on what everyone is up to. So, do you party with a group? Stay in and toast the New Year? Or do you head in early and feel refreshed for 2011?


If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Tonight we're going to my daughters in-laws for a bonfire party. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stay in and have our own little celebration. Low-key, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will be staying in watching a movie and then watching a little dick clark NYE and then sleeping

    ReplyDelete
  4. We usually party with friends (and let the kiddos run wild, too) but they've all moved away, so we'll be hanging out here at home - Princess Nagger wants to watch a movie, and we'll see if she actually stays awake until midnight (the hubby, too - last year I was the only one awake at midnight!) I'll also be calling my family out West at midnight our time to wish them Happy New Year (and tease them about having to wait another 3 hours...) :)

    Happy New Year to you - hope the colda and runny noses clear up quickly! :)

    Aloha: Happy New Year Resolutions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops - that should be colds - hit the wrong key! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll stay in and run from window to window to see the fireworks. The kids will love it.

    I'll let them stay up late and countdown and give out nice dessert :)

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!