Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Family Movie Night - "Change of Plans"

Do you have a family movie night? Walmart and P&G are bringing back Family movie night with the family friendly "Change of Plans" airing January 8th.



You have probably seen the widget on my sidebar. I had the opportunity, thanks to Social Moms, to preview this TV movie. Sally (Brooke White from  “American Idol”) is met with the news that her best friend from college has died in a tragic accident. To go along with this loss, she finds out she has been named the legal guardian of her friend's four kids – 3 of them adopted from third-world countries. This comes as quite a shock for music loving, free spirit Sally.  Both Sally and husband Jason (Joe Flanigan, “Stargate Atlantis”) live a carefree and slightly selfish life without children. They quickly learn what they have been missing as they attempt not to get too attached, but help to this group of orphans. Phylicia Rashad, from“The Cosby Show” also adds to this cast as Dorothy, their Child & Family Services case worker.
I enjoyed "Change of Plans". It was a heartwarming, albeit idealistic movie. I did get a little teary-eyed, but I am a sucker for sappy. It reminded me of a perfect world scenario, and that was my only complaint.  Despite it being overly sugar-coated, I did enjoy it. It would not have been of interest to my toddler, but if your children are school aged or older it would be a great Family Movie Night choice.

"Change of Plans" is scheduled to debut January 8th, 8/7c. on FOX. Enjoy!

*Disclaimer - I did not receive any compensation for this post. I was allowed to screen it early as part of Social Moms for my review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!