Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Green Thumb Gardening

I love gardening and finally the Oregon weather has produced something I can show off...


I am set up in just a little corner  of our yard. I am trying out silver mulch this year to cut down on pests and retain moisture in the soil. So far it has saved me a lot of weeding.


Leeks, bok choy, chard & kale... with eggplant to the left.

...brussel sprouts


...tomatoes, basil, lettuce and a row of assorted herbs...

Not very "Wordless" this week, but I am just so excited to show off our little family garden. "Farmers don't have gardens", but this is all mine and the kids'. I can't wait to get cooking and blogging about your green thumb.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow - looks great!
    I love gardening too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is impressive. My garden (if you can call it that)is so far behind. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, your garden looks wonderful! I wanted to plant eggplant this year but couldn't find any plants! Next year!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!