Friday, September 23, 2011

Aloha Friday - #66 Do You Preserve?


Welcome to Friday Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. The days are heating up, so let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

  Will You be (or have been) Canning Anything This Year?

  
Our growing season was late here in Oregon, so I am really just getting into canning. Of course a few batches of jam were made earlier in the season, and I did manage to get a batch of bread and butter pickles done, but now is the busy time. I am rushing to get tomatoes and tomato products (ketchup, paste, sauce, etc.), green beans and peaches all put away for Winter. So have you broken out the mason jars yet this year? What do you like to preserve?

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I usually do can each fall - and make lots of jam. Our growing season sucked pond water this year - none of the stuff I planted (or grow annually) produced enough for canning. Except my grape vines, which will be turned into jam and wine. ;) Hopefully next year I'll have enough to actually can!

    Fall Has Arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not this year. I have in the past.
    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/09/a-smile-and-a-hug-every-day/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made about 30 jars of jam but I wanted to do more. Our garden was a big fail though. :(

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!