Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Getting the Dirt with Our Pal Kermit

A fairy tale romance?

Or a relationship riddled with problems?

Their ups and downs have been chronicled in the public for the past 56 years making them as fascinating as "Brangelina"!

But, Kermit the Frog is more than just one question and since he is returning this year to the big screen it is about time to hear about his latest project and tackle the Miss Piggy rumor mill once and for all!

Q: Why should audiences see Disney’s “The Muppets”?

A: It’s funny, upbeat and full of laughs for everyone… frogs, pigs, bears… even people. For new fans, it’s a chance to see the Muppets in action on the big screen. And for old fans,
it’s a chance to get together with old friends… and get a little crazy together.

Q: What is Disney’s “The Muppets” about?

A: Well, it’s the story of this incredible Muppet fan named Walter who comes to Hollywood to
meet us… and ends up having to get all the Muppets back together to put on a show and
save Muppet Studios.

I guess it’s the first Muppet movie that’s really from the point of view of a fan. Jason Segel, who is a really big Muppet fan in real life, co-wrote the movie. He wanted to show what it would be like if the world’s biggest Muppet fan—along with his brother Gary (played by Jason) and friend Mary (played by Amy Adams)—came to Hollywood to meet us.

Q: What was it like working opposite Jason Segel?

A: Jason is not only a great comedian, but as a co-writer of the movie, he’s great to work with. If you forget your lines, he can make up new ones.

Jason’s a swell guy. He really loved the Muppets before we worked together…and he still
loves us after. That’s a true fan. And he has such a fantastic sense of humor. He can find
funny everywhere… even in Fozzie’s act.

Q: …Amy Adams?

A: Amy is incredible. She’s so beautiful and talented and funny. I’d love to make every movie
with her…. but Miss Piggy won’t let me.

She’s also a great actress: she can sing and dance, and she has three Academy Award®
nominations. I’m hoping she gets an Oscar® for Disney’s “The Muppets.” If not, I’m willing to
paint myself gold and stand on her mantle.

Q: …Miss Piggy?

A: I have to say: working with Miss Piggy is always a pleasure. I have to say that ‘cause she
makes me say it.

This was a different kind of movie for us. Normally, Piggy and I are together right from the
start. But in Disney’s “The Muppets,” Miss Piggy is over in Paris and we have to go get her.
That was challenging for me. France is tough for frogs… with legs.


Q: What’s the deal with you and Miss Piggy? Are you still together?

A: Miss Piggy and I have a professional relationship. I think we’re professionals; she thinks
we’re in a relationship.

Actually, Miss Piggy and I are good friends, but just friends. We like each other a great deal,
but we are not romantically involved—despite her best efforts.

Like’ THE MUPPETS on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/Muppets

THE MUPPETS opens in theaters everywhere on November 23rd!  
 
*This interview was provided by Disney Studios PR and no compensation or product was provided. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!