Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Black Bean Dip - The Secret Recipe Club

After a little mix-up Monday, ...I should add a very delicious mix-up, I am back with another recipe from The Secret Recipe Club!


Secret Recipe Club


After a link mix-up, I discovered that Amy from Amy's Cooking Adventures was my actual assigned blog. Like myself, she is a stay-at-home Mom with two little ones cooking and experimenting in the kitchen for her family. I found a few recipes I wanted to make from her site, but with trying to post this quickly and finding that my two boxes of potatoes had turned up missing, I couldn't go with my first choice of her Loaded Baked Potato Soup.  I will be making that one soon!

Then I found this wonderful recipe for Black Bean Dip. Mmm... healthy, simple and delicious!

This was adapted from Annie's Eats, another blog I love.

You Will Need:
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • ½ tsp cumin
  • ¼ tsp smoked paprika*
  • ¼ tsp cayenne
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder*
  • 4 tbsp chicken stock*
*donates a slight change, addition or amount change from the original for preference


Combine the black beans, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt in a small food processor. I used my Blendtec here. I really hate cleaning all the parts of my food processor, but either will work.


Pulse into a chunky paste. I love having some lumps of beans visible.

Scrape down the sides of the bowl.  Add the chicken stock and pulse to combine. Taste and add more seasoning as needed.



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Great choice! I love black bean dip!

    Thanks for taking the extra time to get a post up on such short notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. black beans are by far one of my favorite veggie sources of protein. I recently posted a veggie black bean dip but this one looks and sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I messed up on my secret blogger too! So nice of you to make something from their blog. I love black bean dip, this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how simple and healthy this dip is - great pick for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never thought of making a black beans dip...I'm curious. Guess I'll have to make to try it!
    Thanks for sharing
    Love&Light
    Margherita

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!