Monday, February 20, 2012

Mamavation Monday - Drizzly Day Blues


The rainy Pacific Northwest has seeped into every pore of my body... 

Battling the "I-don't-wannas" alternating with small town cabin fever, I am looking for some new and creative ways to get out of this rut. Vitamin D? Check. New fun Kinect Game (Zumba Rush)? Check. So the problem would be?

Well,... motivation.

Ultimately, putting one foot in front of the other is my choice. No one can do it for me. So this week I chose to move. A few more jumping jacks a day. A little more intensity with the Mamavation Mom (Mentor-style) workout and a few extra squats while I brush my teeth. We capped the week with a family fun day to a nearby water park. Nothing like splashing in the wave pool or chasing a few toddlers around to rack up the step count.

This week's goal is to break up my workouts into 3-4 times during the day.

7 am - 10 min. of cardio
10 am - Mamavation workout
3 pm - 10 min. of  Zumba
10 pm - evening yoga DVD

I am also looking at getting a Tae Bo DVD, but would love a suggestion on which one to try. I have never tried it before, so please don't suggest the super-advanced version. ;)

Be sure if you have a moment this week to send a shout-out to our Mamavation Moms. Lolo @MyBaybah,  Laura @mommycanrun and Andrea @AndreaEmilien  are all doing an amazing job and need support from us. Be sure to send them out a tweet or comment on their weekly vlog post or daily journals.

Till next week ladies..
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Dreary weather has the same effect on me... Just remember, you've got this. You have a plan and that's 1/2 the battle :-) love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuck in the house blues are not fun. Very happy to hear that you were able to get out and have some fun. Your workout plan looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!