Sunday, February 5, 2012

Project 365 - Day 36 (An Apple A Day...)


This year I discovered crock pot applesauce. We are definitely hooked.

The house smells amazing, I can control the sugar and it is so easy! We will probably never buy jarred applesauce in our house again.

To Make:

  1. I fill my crock pot with cored and sliced apples. I rinse my apples but don't peel them.
  2. Add 1 Tbsp. water and about 1 Tbsp. cinnamon 
  3. Set on low for 6-8 hours.
  4. I use the food and vegetable strainer on my Kitchen Aid. It will take out all the peels and leave the pureed sauce. The leftover pulp can go into the compost pile.
  5. I refrigerate and freeze my applesauce to be used as needed. Enjoy!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe? I like to can my own applesauce, but I've never used a crockpot to make it before

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a recipe on how to do that! It sounds delicious! Can you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!