Sunday, February 5, 2012

Did Someone Say, Cocktail? Winter Inspiration


To celebrate Winter, 
Robb Report presents the Discover Your Winter CocktailBlog App. Everyone has their favorite cocktail, but have you wondered what winter cocktail fits you best?  Take the Discover Your Winter Cocktail quiz to find your style! Also check out the little known facts about
 liquor and Winter twists on 4 classic drinks.

Seasonal Cocktails are a great way to find a new favorite flavor. When I think Winter, I think Hot Buttered Rum - delicious, but not very creative. Of course, please enjoy these cocktails responsibly. Here are a few fun recipes I can share. The Chocolate Snowball is sure to be a new favorite of mine. I am a sucker for coconut rum and chocolate.
Chocolate Snowball
Ingredients:
  • 2 oz coconut rum
  • 2 oz  Irish cream
  • 1 oz hazelnut liqueur
  • 3 1/2 oz melted chocolate
  • 3 1/2 oz cream
  • 1 dash chocolate syrup

Preparation: Place the chocolate syrup around the glass then place the other ingredients into a cocktailshaker with ice and shake. Strain into glass.
 
Spring Fever
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 oz lemon juice
  • 3/4 oz mango syrup
  • 1 1/2 oz pineapple juice
  • 2 oz blood orange juice

Preparation: Shake well over ice cubes in a shaker, and strain into a collins glass half-filled with crushed ice.

Do you have a favorite cocktail? Share in the comments. I would love to see what my readers enjoy.

*Disclaimer - widget and recipes provided through Partner's Hub. I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!