Monday, April 23, 2012

Why It's A Great Day to be a Dog - #iLoveMyK9 #CBias


Our dog is fast, gentle, intelligent and, I think, the perfect fit for our family. But our Border Collie cross, Cooper, has only been a member of our family for the past two years.

We don't have much information about Cooper's first owners, but we do know he had a short stay at our local animal shelter, Saving Grace. That is where we found and adopted him. Now he is a big part of our family. I like to give him treats, but he enjoys being out with us, attention and a good game of fetch the best.


Cooper watches over our yard, herds our chickens and is our constant companion when we are out in the strawberry patch or cherry orchard. Originally I had hoped he would be a great companion for my husband around the farm, but Cooper had other ideas. This dog hates getting into a truck, won't run with a four-wheeler and tends to run right down a row of plants. Luckily for me he is a big sweetie and will play endless games of catch and Frisbee with me and the kids.

In honor of adopting Cooper from Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center, our local non-profit animal shelter, just two Summers ago. Named after a yellow lab that was adopted from a shelter, Grace, it is the only animal shelter in our entire county. They recently completed an expansion of the facilities because there is a growing need for their services here. This is the second time I have had a dog adopted from this shelter. The dog I grew up with, Buddy, was also a brief resident.

For my "It's A Great Day to be a Dog" project we wanted to put together a basket of goodies to share with our four-legged friends at Saving Grace. Just as a thank-you for helping to make our family complete.


The dog treat section at our local Walmart is quite impressive! Bags of every flavor, shape and color imaginable is there to tempt pet owners. My little shoppers helped to find some of my favorite brands.


Pup-Peroni and Milk-Bone are two brands I grew up giving to my family dog, and I still love them today. We also picked up a bag of Milo's Home-style Kitchen treats which are a new favorite. Both our dog and the Great Grandparent's dog up the street, Cocoa, love them!


For this shopping trip we selected the Milk-Bone Trail Mix, Milo's Home-style Kitchen Chicken Meatballs and Pup-Peroni Mix Stix to share with our friends at the animal shelter. You can see our whole shopping experience in my Google+ album.

We are excited to put our little "thank-you" together for the animal shelter. They just recently moved into a new and larger facility in order to care for more animals and complete more families through pet adoption, just like ours. If you are curious, take a peek at the new kennels and indoor/outdoor runs Saving Grace has.
I hope they enjoy our basket of treats.


Just a small token of our thanks for the companionship and fun Cooper has brought into our lives! I am proud to say, #iLoveMyK9.

You can connect with these great brands on social media:
Milk-Bone @milkbone and on their Facebook page.
Pup-Peroni @PupPeroni

*Disclaimer - am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. WOW - what an AWESOME picture of your dog. I love it!!! What a nice way to give back to the shelter you got your dog from.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!