Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Navigating Insurance Quotes - PEMCO Insurance for the Northwest #CBias

When is the last time you got updated insurance quotes?

Shopping online for the best insurance quote couldn't be easier. From a laptop and comfortably in those pink bunny slippers you can get free quotes from competing brands, find discounts and combine auto and home insurance to get even better deals.

It has been a few years since we looked at our options.


Our faithful Subaru gets us everywhere we need to go, but it was time to look at our coverage.

Is it just me, or does being a parent make things like auto and home insurance much more important? With small children I can't be without transportation or a roof over their heads. Of course, our family of 4 is on a budget, so we also want to save where we can.

I started my search with PEMCO Insurance. I was not familiar with the company, but liked that it is a local company serving the Northwest. Loved their slogan, "We're a lot like you. A little different." That is a good way to sum up the folks who brave the Pacific Northwest rain here.


Getting an online quote was fast and simple. My husband and I had all our information handy so the process only took about 3 minutes. The quote was less than what we currently pay, about $2 per month savings.


Of course, adding on home insurance brings more savings. This end needs to be handled with a PEMCO agent, but we could save around $50 a year by getting both through PEMCO.


The agent I spoke with was friendly and helpful and it didn't take too long to arrive at a reasonable quote.


Since the internet is such a great place to browse for insurance quotes, I went over to our current insurance company, Progressive.

The stars were not aligned for a little comparison shopping. Unfortunately the site's price quote widget was not available.


We currently pay around $45 for our car insurance with Progressive and have enjoyed it for the past few years. Of course, I also enjoy saving money and would not afraid to switch for a better deal.

Then I went over to the Allstate site.

This actually took me the longest to navigate. There were many more questions and each page took longer to load and calculate. In the end the price was the highest of the 3.


Allstate also offers discounts for getting auto and home insurance through them, but again that bundle cost more than my PEMCO quote by several dollars. See my entire shopping experience on these 3 sites in my Google+ album.

I was surprised that our local company had the better rates and was so easy to use. I want to find a minivan for our family in the next year and I will definitely look at PEMCO for a quote when the time comes.

PEMCO is a fun company, deeply rooted in the Northwest. Just check them out on Facebook and Twitter to see what I mean.

So, who do you have your auto and home insurance with? How often do you look at insurance quotes?

*Disclaimer - This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinions are my own. 
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review of your online quoting experience. As an independent broker who represents both PEMCO and Progressive, I'd be happy to answer any of your additional questions (without pressure or obligation) so that you can choose the best value for your family. Since our agency represents multiple companies, we collect your information once and then go to work for you to shop for the best protection. And, there is no cost for our service and you would be supporting a local, family owned business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Allstate and have had the worst issue with service from our agent. My husband called corporate CS the other day and fired our agent so we're dealing direct with Allstate with no agent. We've tried to research others but haven't had much luck. I'll have to tell hubby to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Nationwide for both. We've been in SC for 4/5 years and I've had both Nationwide and Allstate. As a former insurance agent, it's my opinion that it pays to shop around, but you also want to consider service. When I closed my agency my customers wanted to know where I was going - they wanted to follow me to whatever new company because they liked my customer service. Even if the prices were higher. So while prices are important - especially when budgets are tight, service should be a factor in the equation as well. But I always advised my customers to shop around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Monique! Thanks for the reminder. Service is definitely important to me and family. I was happy to look around and see the competitive prices. I also love local companies when they can deliver great service and prices.

      Delete
  4. Hi Andrea,
    Thanks for your insights on your insurance shopping experience. I'm the CMO of PEMCO Insurance and feel very pleased that we are a local company that you found worthy of a recomendation. It's our goal to serve the people of the northwest in ways that are both relevant and remarkable. Have a wonderful (and hopefully sunshine filled) Memorial Day weekend.

    All the best,

    Rod
    CMO PEMCO Mutual Insurance Co.
    @NW_Mktg_Guy (Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly, one of the most efficient ways of researching various insurance plans and policies available is to scour the internet. In just a few minutes, you can zero in on the best insurance coverage with the lowest cost, including discounts and specials.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!