Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Blog Design - Loving It!

Since my blog is ever changing, my children are growing up and the blogging world in general is evolving, I find it refreshing to change up my blog at least every year. So, the header has changed, the colors are new and I have a great blog button (on the right-hand side bar, feel free to grab it!)

If you have followed my blog for a while you might remember some of my previous headers:

Early 2011:

When I first started my blogger account I used a pic of Owen playing with play-doh on the floor. My husband took one look at the massive photo (it took up most of the first page) and said he could do better. He put together some of my favorite photos with Photoshop. Originally this went with a cute free template in brown. Sadly, the template went away and I never did like the teal it defaulted to.

Early 2012:

This was a cute design by the Pixel Boutique. It was simple and I liked it, but it was not a custom design. I have also seen other blogs using the same template. As a blogger it is nice to be unique.

I started this blog in 2007 just before my son was born. I wish I had a screen shot of my first couple of headers. It is a nice reminder how far this blog really has come.

I want to give a big thank you to Tina from Creative5 Designs who followed all my crazy notes and came up with the perfect design to suite this blog. She was wonderful to work with and I recommend her services if you want to give your blog a personal touch. Check out the portfolio on her blog, or connect with her on Facebook and take a peak at her invitations on Etsy.

So what do you think? Do you like the changes?

Andrea
Pin It

2 comments:

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!